abstract elegance

DScience

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a shot which I used an off camera sb-600 w/ a GF diffuser below camera right, triggered via Nikon's CLS.

3980288183_b3850a46d0.jpg

Its good man. Just not for me. I feel bored by it just being by itself. However the image is good. Nice exposure all that.

I think you accomplished what you set out to do. The background is great. I just wish the subject had more life.

Good work though and keep posting.

Craig

A Japanese camera club would probably talk about how how you have used the 50 G's unique drawing style and out of focus highlight rendition to show us that
one stem in the top third as it is silhouetted against the out of focus specular highlights that the 50-G makes. This type of picture shows off the lens's specific drawing style and character,and is something that a LOT of your photos incorporate. You did a good job of making the upper stem show up in a shadowy, almost transparent manner, but the strong diagonal objects in the upper left and lower right hand corner look man-made,harsh, and repeating, and kind of spoil the naturalistic aspects. The plant leaf lower left looks like stinging nettle.

Having looked through your Flickr pages and having seen you shooting similar subjects, I'll say that you might want to start searching out images shot with the 58mm f/1.2 Noct~Nikkor, 85mm 1.4 AF-D, and the 200mm f/2 VR-G Nikkor, to see how other photographers use three very famous "bokeh lenses". Your work is similar to that of many people who use those three lenses.

Your next lens ought to be the 30mm f/1.4 Sigma HSM--it would compliment your 50-G very well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back