Abu Dhabi Cornish

akhdar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is a view of the cornish in Abu dhabi just befor sun set

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Amazing city and country. I was lucky enough to live there for 3 years.

I really like the composition of the second shot. This area looks beautiful, however to be honest these pictures need some work. Try playing around with white balance settings, iso settings, and using a tripod when necessary to get that extra detail in your shots. You definitely have a beautiful area to perfect your pictures in!

Composition of number 2 is very nice, however I think that the set slightly lacks tones, maybe if you tried it when the lighting was less grey and murky you might get some harsher contrasts.

Cornish as a word is originally a word from English language as I think, and we use it in Arabic also as a description of the sea side walk area.

and this picture is in Abu Dhabi city

Akhdar, I love those shots, I am actually thinking of visiting Abu Dhabi in October/November, can you post more shots but some of local markets or area's just outside the city, I am going to check your website now. Thanks.

hi renair,
I am so sorry, this pictures is the only thing I have right now, the problem is that I am busy doing a master degree, and I have no time to shoot this days, I wish I can help you. maybe next month I have a 1 month off of my study not work ... I might get you some pictures

I too really like that second shot, with the curve of the seaside walk drawing one's eye into the shot.

How did it get the name for this location?

Cornish? Do you know?

Would be interested to hear and/or read.

pronounced "korn-eesh"

I grew up in Beirut Lebanon, we had a cornish [I think it would be spelled corneesh or korneesh???] along the water the entire coastline in Beirut. It is a waterfront road / walkway. Typically middle eastern, very wide sidewalk along the water. Nice.

That's quite interesting, that little fact.

I actually live in Cornwall, UK, and the people here are referred to as the Cornish, which is a Celtic nation with it's own language, which is also referred to as the Cornish language.

That's why I was interested.

Many thanks for the extra insight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back