Abuse of the "Thanks System"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh pfft the word thanks means nothing and worth even less I mean everytime when I am working I would thank people like a million times but did I really mean it when I thanked them? Absolutely not! xD

btw what happened to the post counter? I have been having the same post count for days now even after I have posted several times in different topics... has someone frozen my post count or what? :eek:

Last edited:
btw what happened to the post counter? I have been having the same post count for days now even after I have posted several times in different topics... has someone frozen my post count or what? :eek:
If you're posting in this OT forum, the Gaming forum or Welcomes, those forums have disabled the post count.

I jumped on board the thanks band wagon as a way to rebel because I am greatly opposed to "labeling" and I feel that is what the thanks system is\or will end up doing. New members will see a high thank you count below a members name and assume that it means the person must know more than someone else and soon members with low thank you counts will fall even farther behind thus causing a type of uneeded social competition.

That pretty much covers that issue.

I used to just go right down the page and thank everyone equally because I didn't want them to feel left out.

it was sad when some people had only one or two thanks and others had like eighty.

Strange, since I noticed a thread where you thanked everyone...except me!

Sorry, thank you.

You would to have had to participate in "Sex in Photography" or another such giddy-giggly thread enmasse.

Or Word Association :)

I was far too addicted to Word Association a while back, and I just don't have the time for it anymore :lol:

I used to just go right down the page and thank everyone equally because I didn't want them to feel left out.

it was sad when some people had only one or two thanks and others had like eighty.

Sorry, thank you.

You would to have had to participate in "Sex in Photography" or another such giddy-giggly thread enmasse.

I was far too addicted to Word Association a while back, and I just don't have the time for it anymore :lol:

Sorry, thank you.

Joe, if I may. 'tis a fine addiction, much better than many others that many others suffer. I do understand. With that being said, it is with great forethought and consideration, that I press the "Thanks" button in gracious, yet humble compensation for affirmation in conquering my passing challenge in overcoming my own WA compulsion.

I must cut this post short and make haste while the night is young in order to use today's three thank you wishes wisely.

I do hope, with all the best, this helps your credibility, for I, and others will see you have made valuable contributiuons. -- It's not just a popularity contest you know.

Last edited:
Well I've already spent my 3 thank you bucks today:grumpy:

hahaha! At least you could thank THREE times a day I think I am only allowed to thank once! xD :mrgreen: and I just spent it thanking Clarinet course he/she seems to need one :D

hahaha! At least you could thank THREE times a day I think I am only allowed to thank once! xD :mrgreen: and I just spent it thanking Clarinet course he/she seems to need one :D

You are being spanked young Hobbes!

Your thanks are not deemed good enough as you share them in an inappropriate and unapproved manner by those in charge of the thanking machine and other such gizmos, gadgets and glittery objects.

You'll have to forge another strategy.

Your thanks are not deemed good enough as you share them in an inappropriate and unapproved manner by those in charge of the thanking machine and other such gizmos, gadgets and glittery objects.

Oh look who is talking now -.-
I know my thanks are worth as much as the thing most people do in their bathrooms in the morning but I really doubt yours are worth whole a lot more either, Sir. :p ;)

Oh look who is talking now -.-
I know my thanks are worth as much as the thing most people do in their bathrooms in the morning but I really doubt yours are worth whole a lot more either, Sir. :p ;)

Actually, everytime that moronic little button is pushed by anyone, it's a superficial gesture with zero meaning. As well as an insult to some people that really have a clue and know what they are talking about that have zero "Thanks", it's just a rating device to fool the photographically illiterate in to thinking this there is some additional insite this site may possess.

IMO, your "Thanks" button pushes have considerably more value than any of the other "Thanks" on this board.

It's just a popularity contest. Quite hilarious.

Quite hilarious.
If you become a paid subscriber, i bet they will listen to you and take down the thank yous.

Intriguing thought, and likely that money would solve this nincompoopery, after all, TPF is no longer here for the love of the craft, just the bucks.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back