Acceptable Hot Pixels

M

MDowdey

Gang,

does anyone know what are the acceptable hot pixel limits for canon DSLR's? Also, when is the best time to send it for repair to map out the hot pixels?

matt

hot pixel = dead: permanently black, or one solid colour

Settle for none and buy a 'proper' film-camera (dons a flame-proof jacket) :wink:

Seriously, I wouldn't accept more than 10 at the most: I bet there isn't a clear legal limit on how many dead pixels are needed to make the sensor rated as useless, but if it's anything like computer LCD screens, manufacturers are allowed as much as five dead pixels before the customer can return the PC as faulty, according the a lad I spoke to in PC World, and their resolution is much smaller than a camera :shock:

I think I need more than 100 of them on my notebook before toshiba would do something. I got one within a year of getting my notebook, but its over the taskbar and you cant see it over the grey, so I forgot about it till you mentioned about lcd screens.

I got one on my digital, and its really annoying. At least its easily fixed with the healing tool and no one is the wiser. The fun part is trying to find it after I crop or rotate, if I forget to fix it first. Its not a solid color, it changes in every picture, depending whats around it.

Theres also luke warm pixels *doesnt know the better name of it* where the pixels are not hot, but they are not the same as the areas around it.

Most reactions

Back