acceptable in the 80's....

Arch

Damn You!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well.... i have fond memories of the 80's, with it being the best part of my childhood... the films, the music, (....i know) the toys, (star wars :mrgreen:) and even the clothes (yea... seriously).... so when is it gonna all come back???!!

The reason i thought of this is because the other night i was idly watching TV when that woman that says whats on next spouts out 'Next is the 80's comedy Wierd Science'.... and i just thought OMG!!! That use to be one of my fav films when i was a lad and it was one of those ones i just hadn't seen for ages... so i watched... and i couldnt stop grinning at the hair doo's the language and the clothes, let alone the gags. After that i dug out my Breakfast Club dvd and watched that too :heart:

But will these things ever come back in fasion?.... in my wardrobe i have a 60's style leather jacket... 70's style jeans... and stuff which is still ok from the 90's ....... but nothing is acceptable from the 80's???..

should i go and grab a pair of chinos and wack on some power ballads?....

Well I know here at least the fashion is making a BIG comeback... girls in leggings, with big boat-neck t's... Not so much the hair (thank god :lol:)

I love Weird Science LOL I haven't seen that movie in ages! Ooh another movie I should dust off, Coming to America...
Now you're making me feel all nostalgic...

Kelly LeBrock is enough reason to bring back the eighties

it's funny when the family dig up old photos of me and my sisters from the eighties when we were kids. Some of the clothes our mum used to dress us in bordered on child abuse!

Not so much the hair (thank god :lol:)

lol you should revisit the hair in wierd science... large is an understatement!

Now you're making me feel all nostalgic...

Thats the spirit!... lets bring it back!!!

Kelly LeBrock is enough reason to bring back the eighties

it's funny when the family dig up old photos of me and my sisters from the eighties when we were kids. Some of the clothes our mum used to dress us in bordered on child abuse!

lol, remember leather ties?... paisly shirts?... there is a pic of me at my aunts wedding with chinos, brown and red paisly shirt and a white leather tie... yea baby, i was making statements back then! :mrgreen: (na it was awful... really).

I also had lemon, pink and powder blue leather ties.... stone wash jeans... wristbands... denim jacket... lol what am i thinking they are all vile!!!

But...but... This is the 80s...isnt it? :lmao::lmao: oh , wait... y'all are in something like 2008 now. :lol:

lol you should revisit the hair in wierd science... large is an understatement!

Thats the spirit!... lets bring it back!!!

:lol: You first.

lol, remember leather ties?... paisly shirts?... there is a pic of me at my aunts wedding with chinos, brown and red paisly shirt and a white leather tie... yea baby, i was making statements back then! :mrgreen: (na it was awful... really).

Sounds like some pretty good black mail fodder right there... ;)

i had the paisley shirt and chino's minus the leather ties.

when i would grow out of my chinos my mum would turn the turn-up's down to make them fit longer instead of buying me a new pair! we must have been poor or something :lol:

I've still got one or two things from the 80's like a leather jacket I had made for me...
Jumpsuits are set to make a comeback. Remember girls, always go to the toilet before you put one on because you sure as Hell won't get out of it in time if you are caught short.

But...but... This is the 80s...isnt it? :lmao::lmao: oh , wait... y'all are in something like 2008 now. :lol:

lol now there's a man with the right idea! :lol:

Sounds like some pretty good black mail fodder right there... ;)

Heeeellll noooo!!!

i had the paisley shirt and chino's minus the leather ties.

when i would grow out of my chinos my mum would turn the turn-up's down to make them fit longer instead of buying me a new pair! we must have been poor or something :lol:

lol superb... lucky for me (or un- as the case may be) i had the hand me downs.... the best part being when my eldest bro stop likeing Star Wars and He-Man so i got all his shiz... he starting getting into playing the bass guitar... and eyeliner :lol:

lol now there's a man with the right idea! :lol:

:lol:

Thanks man...I tend to like it back here. At least the metal tunes rock better then the garb on the radio now. :lmao::lmao:. :):)

Thanks man...I tend to like it back here. At least the metal tunes rock better then the garb on the radio now. :lmao::lmao:. :):)

lol... i was really into metal in the late 80's... i started putting patches on my stonewash denim jacket... megadeath, poison, aerosmith... when one day i decided to go for the full back patch! I came home with the Whitesnake patch across my back to my parents horror... i thought it was of a lady riding a giant snake... and later realised it was less riding.... more 'fornicating' :lol:

Oh dear, not jumpsuits! I had several of those. (And even worse, I think they were in the 70s, if my memory serves me)

They sort of started in the early 70's but didn't really catch on. They came into their own in the early 80's with lots of zips and things.
I used to wear flying suits in the studio and I even got talked into wearing a pair of corduroy dungarees...

I used to wear flying suits in the studio and I even got talked into wearing a pair of corduroy dungarees...

Any pics you wanna share with us about that? :mrgreen:

... and Anty you gotta have a pic around with massive hair... surely :p

Hmmm, will have to check to see if I have any pics I can scan. I was indeed perming my hair in the early 80s.

Most reactions

Back