acceptable in the 80's....

Alrighty, this is my 80s shot. We were your typical Bon Jovi, gonna rule the metal world. :lmao::lmao::lmao: If ya wanna know which one is me.... Im the skinny one on the left. :lmao::lmao: Im so glad I got ugly and let my hair grow. :lol::lol:

P6140334.jpg
I'm sure you're happy you didn't decide to wear the leopard print tights, the crop top, the chest revealing tiger vest, or the pirate look that day!! :lol:

I'm sure you're happy you didn't decide to wear the leopard print tights, the crop top, the chest revealing tiger vest, or the pirate look that day!! :lol:

LMAO I second that motion! :lol:

I only found a very few pics of me from the '80s. The first one is around 85...with the permed hair. And the second is around '87...note the big shoulder pads, a la 'Dynasty'. And even more cringeworthy, the old turntable with (*gasp*) an 8 track player in it.
swoon.gif
[The young'uns on the forum will have to google those words to figure out what I'm talking about, I'm sure :lol: ]

80s1jv3.jpg
80s2zs4.jpg

I've alwasy been a fashion misfit, even more so in the 80's. No long hair (longer than now for sure, but nothing to be ashamed of... no topsiders... always wore socks.
Just a couple of jeans, and a t-shirt. The only fashionable accent were Nike shoes... they were not on sale over here back then, my dad visited the US regularly and bough them for me.
Me and my friends listened to Talking Heads, The Police and Simple Minds and people would look at us weird.

Anty those are soooo not blackmail material! ;)
You look very lovely in both. Hairstyles aside, you look very much the same as the photo you posted in self-ports.

The movie from when I was a kid was the New adventures of Pippy long stockings.. 1988.

Ah, ok, I see, that was an American remake then! Never seen it though, but looked it up now ;)

Yes it was a remake.. I have seen the older ones too.. I was a pippy longstocking fan.. I even watched it in one of my high school classes... lol

well alot of the pop culture 80's trappings were terrible... the hair, flourescent colors, etc. but some of the visual art and graphic design was cool and is back in style. and if you hang around brooklyn you'll see girls are able to get away with wearing some 80's vintage stuff combined with modern clothes. mostly its ironic but it still looks ok if its done well.

but my 80's was the punk/hardcore scene. black clothes. combat boots. band tshirts. hitting skate spots with friends. the music in this culture was and still is great. fun times. and i'm still heavily involved in the punk scene now. nuthin but love for the 80's.

now the 90's... was actually THEE cultural cul de sac!!

haha no you did NOT just wiki me "punk". damn!!:lol::D

i don't know man... the proto no wave scene jammers of nyc may have your euro/brit punks beat by a few years! and don't forget about the ramones who predate the pistols. but imo throbbing gristle outPUNKED everyone by '75 haha!!

btw i wanted to say, i don't know you... but you are the Man for rocking the white pants/pink sox... that rules! i had some skinny ties that i'm thinking about trying to work back into my business dress haha.

in all seriousness, my punk scene was the 80's... just because that's when i was a teen. and in america it had mutated into Hardcore... minor threat, bad brains, void, poison idea... so true, i was going thru the "2nd wave" in my formative years.

and "punk's not dead"

at least my bandmates aren't aware of that haha

really, that music will never end... young kids will always dig it and make it their own. which is so cool.

I shared a house in London with two hardcore punks in '75. Saw a few bands too (my ex was in the same year at Fashion College as the girl who designed the stage clothes for the Clash and Chrissy Hynde used to frequent the College too... you met such interesting people in London in the 70's..)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back