Acceptable noise w/ D90 for wedding photog.

What camera would dramatically improve the chances for less noise?
leica m9
d3s
d3
d700
5dmII
M9? no way.

Like what usayit said, the Kodak sensors blow at higher ISO. and in the case of the Hasselblads, basically anything over 100. believe it or not, a D700 will outprint the H2D22 at ISO 400 because the H2D does so much noise reduction. we were shooting a car in the studio using hotlights, and in the long exposures, the tires looked like racing slicks because the NR took the tread off. :/

we ended up switching to the 5D mark II's for the rest of the shoot.

Please tell me you're not basing your desire of the M9 on that. If you are you really should look more into the D3s, or the D3, or the D700. Heck even a Nikon D300 matches if not betters that performance.
Leica M9, $7000
Nikon D3s, $5000.

I want a Leica M9 because it's a beast of a rangefinder, but image quality has nothing to do with that.

The D700 and D3 is out of my price range right now. It looks like getting the correct exposure at whatever ISO is the best thing to do and then deal with it later if there are any issues.
Thanks

Is an SB-600 w/ or w/o a bounce card out of your price range?

D90
Tamron 17-50 f2.8
SB-600 bounced
ISO 200
p194282722-4.jpg

And this shows how horrendous the lighting was. One florescent strip against the wall and the rest turned off....so basically no ambient.
p920252320-4.jpg

You wouldn't have even been able to shoot in here at f1.4 and have enough light.....plus if you are doing a wedding, many shots are going to be of more than one person so shooting under f2.8 is out anyway.

Get an SB-600, some regarchable NiMh's and put your worries on the back burner.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back