Accidently changing settings with your nose

caspertodd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem with accidently changing settings on their camera with their nose while really involved in a shot? I will be trying to pan with my dog or something trying to catch him in the air, and I look down at my camera after the shot and see that I am in some menu that I didn't even know my camera had. My big nose is smashing up against the buttons while taking the shot :lol:. I'm trying to get out of the habit of holding it that close to my face, but I'm still doing it. I know they make eye piece extenders, but from what I read, they are crap.

Just out of curiousity, has anyone else had this problem before or am I just an idiot?

Oh goodness...haha.. What camera do you have...?
I hope it's not the same as mine or I'm going to probably start doing that now I've read this.. hehe

Oh goodness...haha.. What camera do you have...?
I hope it's not the same as mine or I'm going to probably start doing that now I've read this.. hehe

Canon Xt. I LOVE the camera, but even when I'm careful, the buttons are just right there at the tip of my nose. Yeah, now I start focusing on not hitting them more than I'm focusing on my shot. It's a little comical, but hopefully it's all part of being a noobie :lol:.

It's the same as mine... :lol:

ive got a 400d/xti, never seen an xt's back but im guessing it's not too different to the xti's....how do you manage to hit buttons with your nose? haha funny though :D

I'm a right-eye looker. When I put my eye up to the camera, my nose lines up exactly with the menu, info, jump, play and trash buttons. I went out and shot some pictures of my dog, and looked down at my camera and had all kinds of things pulled up. Had a benefit though...that's how I found out how to change the white balance! :lol:

I have that issue on my Nikon D80! The camera and my nose are both big enough that my nose will smash into the play button at the upper left, and then instead of the control wheels adjusting for the next shot, my nose really hit the play button to keep review active and it's scrolling through pictures or shot review displays! :lol:

Have never had the problem on my D40. Yet another reason I like it better than my D80, and wouldn't have even thought of it if it weren't for this thread. :p

Is it just me or does anyone else have the problem with accidently changing settings on their camera with their nose while really involved in a shot?

You have only two options here:
1. Get rid the camera to save your nose, or
2. Get rid your nose to save the camera

Happy chopping. :lol:

My nose presses right against the LCD screen so I usually just get steam all over the screen lol

You know what they say about men with big noses! ;) :D

I never have that problem....tho...I only have a film camera and no menus on the back....lol.

You must have your head tilted up while looking through the view finder in order to achieve that! Try tilting it down instead.
But when you tilt it down, you get my issue, fogged up LCD screen!

Most reactions

Back