Ack, not another flower! Well this one's a bit different!

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Some dandelions. These were taken in my side yard under moderately overcast skies in mid-afternoon. Surprisingly little was done to these photos in PS. See if you can figure out the technique!

IMG_7877_edited_RS.jpg

IMG_7886_edited_RS.jpg

markc said:
The mothership has come!

Hehe. I'm not usually big on flower pics, but that second one is pretty cool.

Heh, that's about what I thought too. I wish I could've had a bit more negative space beneath the flower on that 2nd pic, but such is life. I still like the way it turned out.

One of the amazing things of photography for me is how it can make me see something as if for the first time. I am out in my yard every day this time of year plucking these damn things before they turn into seeds and infest the rest of the yard. And then I saw your pictures.

Wow.. they are really pretty cool looking :)

I dont know PS so I would not know where to begin guessing how you may have manipulated them but I am curious about the black background. How is that achieved?

I would have tried a Hue/Saturation layer to try achieving your result.

Select each color in turn except the yellow color and move the "Lightness" slider totally left for each.

holy crap :shock:
Awsome work shark, I love the contrast between the black and yellow, makes the yellow come off so strong.
I think I like the second one best.

2nd one is my fav

Dweller said:
One of the amazing things of photography for me is how it can make me see something as if for the first time. I am out in my yard every day this time of year plucking these damn things before they turn into seeds and infest the rest of the yard. And then I saw your pictures.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I know how you feel and the art of photography really is amazing.

Shark, I did something like that to a picture but I didn't know PS very well at the time so I used a mask and made the background dark. So you ever going to tell us how you did it?

It's simple. All those photos have is USM and levels work. I was amazed. I always crunch my histogram a little bit, but was just messing around and took the dark end waaaay down. The background (green grass, green stems and leaves) dropped completely away and the yellow deepened incredibly. I was shocked!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back