Across the pond.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not the best shot in the world but the first one I've developed & printed on my own.:boogie:

I know the sky is a little over exposed and any suggestions on composition and processing would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup:

pond5ku.jpg

Shot on Jessops PAN400SX at 800 iso, Praktica BMS, 1/125 sec, f11, 28mm lens. Developed in Kodak Tmax & printed on Ilford Ilfobrom 3 paper.

cool Chris!!! and congrats :) I've never developed a film properly :p

I have become so curious as to darkroom work and all that, what with the "new" (erm...) Leica that I may be using for the time being. But even though among the treasures hidden somewhere in either my sister's or our dad's home there also is the old enlarger and all the basins and all that from their old darkroom, nothing of that is set up anywhere, nor does anyone SPEAK about setting it up.
But I have really become very curious as to the origins (sort of...) of photography, therefore I must say: lucky you, you now have your own darkroom and ... can I come over? :sexywink:

Chris???
Don't you WANT to answer to my question? Hm? Hm?

LaFoto said:
Chris???
Don't you WANT to answer to my question? Hm? Hm?

Soooo sorry Corinna!

I was up all night in the end (see thread http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33493 :lol: ) & still had to sort out Noah James with breakfast etc & take him up his Grans! Managed to do a bit of work before I dozed off! :blushing:

I'd love to share my new darkroom with you especially when it gets finished but unfortunately it's quite dark and, ummm, you wouldn't like the smell of the acetic stop bath!:lol: (smells like silicone sealant!:thumbup: :lol: )

In a nutshell, it's my darkroom & nobody's getting in! (not even the wife!:lol: )

:greenpbl:

Pffff, you won't let me come into your new darkroom?
You say it is yours, and yours alone, and no one may come in, not even me, and you think the smell of the developer bath, stop bath and fixation bath could drive me out. Little do you know that I have been in a darkroom before, when my uncle's darkroom was still set up, and that I know that it is dark in a darkroom (hence the name! What do you know???). But ok. I'll never ask again. :taped sh:

(All my hopes SHATTERED
5.gif
)

In a nutshell, it's my darkroom & nobody's getting in! (not even the wife!:lol: )

Corinna, I think he's a little toooo sensitive on the subject, know what I mean? I think thow dost protest too much. And BTW PS, good job with the first print. I don't have my first, I think it hit the trash can about 1968 and resides several hundred below the surface of a land fill somewhere. If the is ANY detail in the sky on your negitive, you can bring that print back with a little dodging and burning. Let us know when your fingers and nails turn developer brown, then we will know for sure you have made it to the "DARKroom" side. :lol:

jstuedle said:
I think thow dost protest too much.
You may be right... and his "toy" is brandnew. I understand...
(And it may have been 1968 when I was first allowed into my dad's and uncle's darkroom... which must have been quite new around that time, too.)

PlasticSpanner said:
...OK you can come in, but bring a flask of coffee and a sleeping bag!:lol:

THAT'S A DEAL!
(Must go check on cheap RyanAir Flights NOW... I'm off ;) ;) ;) )

LaFoto said:
THAT'S A DEAL!
(Must go check on cheap RyanAir Flights NOW... I'm off ;) ;) ;) )

:biglaugh: I KNEW IT!

Before you leave (if you haven't already!:lol: ) bring some coffee with you! We've run out!

I just remembered, you have my address too! I'd better put the Hoover round!:lol:

jstuedle said:
If the is ANY detail in the sky on your negitive, you can bring that print back with a little dodging and burning.

No there's no detail left in the sky! I think this is more likely a result of the film being pushed to 800 iso from 400 and developed accordingly. Normally as long as I pay attention to what the camera is telling me, it's spot on but somehow a couple of shots are a little over exposed!

I have to chuckle to myself on this one, because I have an old negative in my files from my first darkroom printing that is about exactly the same image.

Hope you have as much fun with your work as I have had with mine! So, since we have taken about the same image....NICE WORK!

www.jefferyraymond.com

Most reactions

Back