dslrchat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
forums.dslrchat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I decided to try some action shots.
I think I needed a bit faster shutter speed on this one, and I have a bit of a tilt I think.

What kind of PP could I do (if any) to make this better?

C/C as usual, I can take it :)
jerim.jpg

Definitely a faster shutter speed and personally I think the angle and colors are not interesting at all.

For skateboard photography check out http://www.skateperception.com you can learn a lot

I think the capture here is ok, you can tell what the skateboard is doing, where it's going and hence what trick he's doing. Don't know if a little fill flash would have brought him out a bit more and maybe darkened the background?.. no idea i'm not too clued up on the use of flash.

This shot would probably have worked better if you'd kept a sharp focus on the skateboard and a faster shutter speed. With a low aparture or maybe even some blur effect in post processing, you could have kept the feel of movement in the skater himself without turning the board into a blur.

As with anything, practice makes perfect. The skaters pose is well chosen and you've aligned the arms with the image borders pretty well. Just play with those shutter speeds and focal points a bit more and take as many snaps as you can next time.

What kind of PP could I do (if any) to make this better?

None, I think. Almost nothing about this shot works for me. Granted, I know how hard it is to get good action shots. That being said, you need a faster shutter speed, definately. Nothing in the shot is clear. The angle is pretty boring, as well as the background. Someone already mentioned trying fill flash and I think it's definately worth checking into.

Just keep shooting and experimenting and you'll start to get some really good action shots and once you do you'll look back on this, like "Whoa, I've gotten so much better!".

Personally, this is not a great shot at all. Thats being blunt. I think your a great photographer and love alot of your work.

Ok

You dont have to go with a faster shutter speed to get a good shot, many great action shots had been shots showly to show motion and with great succes.

I think you need to work on location and angle. This isnt a good background. It would like nice if you backed up and got a low angle also.

It also looks like the pic is focused on the garage door. Focusing on action is something that will definetly take practice, and thats the only way you will get better.

Also, the image quality isnt great, very noisy

.......I think your a great photographer and love alot of your work.

OK, I call BS on this comment Lol
1, Calling me a Photographer is an insult to Photographers
2, All of my "work" suck :lmao:
But Thanx for the kind remark.

- Noisy, not sure why, my ISO was only 200
- Background, only reason I picked this spot was so it would be easier to cut out the background for a different picture I wanted to do.
- Focus on door, I did focus on door but then changed my focus to AI and I thought this would refocus (and keep refocusing) on the subject as it moved. Guess I was wrong there.
- Backing up and Lower angle - Thanx for this, I keep forgetting that I do not have to just stand straight up Lol.

Most reactions

Back