Actually photography related...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I just got asked to do a photoshoot with a UK Hip Hop group (Foreign Beggars) on their tour of North America. Not sure if anything will be published yet, but I'm super excited cause their stuff is hype. I'm gonna try and get some shots while hanging out with them in Toronto, and then probably take shots at their show which will be at the El Macambo (for those that know).

Anyway, thought I'd share that cause like...it's SWEET.

Keep your fingers crossed for me getting published.:thumbup:

....or I could just get doubles made?

I meant that if you're selling them the rights to use certain images, then just take two of every photo - it's *slightly* different!

Rob

Good luck on the shoot. Congrats on getting the gig.

Rob said:
I meant that if you're selling them the rights to use certain images, then just take two of every photo - it's *slightly* different!

Rob

Gotcha.

I'm not sure how the publishing this works, so ya...makes sense.

It's good advice. It's a subtle way to ensure you can keep *all* the shots.

Congrats, Paul! You must be totally stoked over this. Good luck with the shoot. :thumbup:

Thanks!

I am kinda, although the details seem a little sketchy at the moment. Gonna confirm everything with the promoter later today. Also gonna try and get someone I know to write and editorial. He's a sick writer. Can't wait to see what we come up with.

Usually doesn't work that way. For-Hire contracts are typically for everything shot for the time specified, and trying to sneak in shots for yourself is a good way to get blacklisted, and it can be legally messy. If you can work in some rights for yourself, that would be great. If not, make sure you are getting paid well for handing over the copyrights. Since you are new to this kind of work, I'd suggest talking to someone who does it regularly or read up well on it. I only know enough to suggest to be careful so that you don't get taken advantage of.

All that aside... Congrats! I hope you have a blast with it. It sounds like a really cool opportunity.

Yeah, not really contract work. I'm just gonna chill with the group for the day take some pics. Then I'll probably see if a few zines in the area will want the pics. From the way it sounds, I'll be the only one able to spend time with them, so I'll be the only one with decent press pics of them.

Regardless, I think at the very least the pics will go up on a few local sites with an interview of some kind. I have some friends in the magazine business. The writer that I asked to do a piece works for a mag here. They will most definatly pick up the story.

I'd recommend you get your friend to write editorial pieces of varying length and then you could offer the non-exclusives for credit only. I always go for exposure and it's great to be able to have some tear-sheets to your name. They probably won't want to devote too much space to them, but it gets your name out there.

Rob

Rob said:
I'd recommend you get your friend to write editorial pieces of varying length and then you could offer the non-exclusives for credit only. I always go for exposure and it's great to be able to have some tear-sheets to your name. They probably won't want to devote too much space to them, but it gets your name out there.

Rob

Not only that, but I think the guy that hooked me up is looking to see how i'll handle the situation. In terms of proffesionalism. I think he's looking for good reliable people. He's a entreprenuer(sp?) of sorts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back