Actually taking pictures

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by wafflevision, Oct 17, 2009.

1. wafflevision

wafflevision TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello. I took some classes years ago and really enjoyed the entire process of photography from snapping the photo to printing. I've recently acquired some darkroom equipment and would like to start taking pictures again.
    I'll be the first to admit that I am an adequate-at-best photographer, but what I really love is being in the darkroom. I suppose I need to shoot some film before I have a reason to get in there! I just don't know where to start. It seems I'm having some mental blockage...Nothing looks interesting enough to photograph, or I'm embarrassed to be shooting in a particular situation, etc.
    Any advice to get me going again?

2. Felix0890

Felix0890 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you look at it from that perspective, then nothing is worth photographing. A flower is just a flower, a sunset is just a ball of light, etc. I forgot who said this but it is one of my favorite quotes: "It's not what you see, but how you see it." Turn something that's not interesting to you into something interesting by viewing it from up close, a different angle, a different light, and so on.

About being embarrassed . . . why? It's a form of art. If you're talking about being embarrassed to shoot in public, take your mp3 player with you and let the music drown out everyone around you. Also, instead of viewing the crowds around you as just people, view them as your subjects and the embarrassment will go away. :)

3. BmDubb

BmDubb TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice one felix.. I don't think that could have been answered better... Kudos

4. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Great answer Felix!