Ad critique please!

bethany138

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanygilbert.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is an ad I made. I'm looking for C/C please. You can see the pic bigger at my site http://www.bethanygilbert.com

bethany-gilbert-photographyforweb.jpg
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/dff21a16/e954/__sr_/3d42.jpg?phkSDRDB_Zyf8Q1Q

If this needs to be moved then please move it, I couldn't figure out where to post it :blushing:.

FIXED IT!!!

I'm not a graphic designer but i'll take a shot...

The image is nice tho I find it a bit in your face big which is causing crowding on the page IMO due to the point size of the fonts you've chosen.
I'd think about reducing the point size of your name and centering and lowering it a bit...too close to the edges for me. I like the black/white thing you've done with your name.
As for fonts I'd probably go with more sans serif styles myself but fonts are sooooo hard to choose; very subjective. I just find the ones you've chosen to be a little too plain.
That's about all i have to say....maybe there's a designer out there who would like to take a stab at critiquing this.

I love the photo you have chosen!

I agree that the font is too big and there is too much of it..

I'd pick smaller font..

Weezy

I agree with the size of the fonts near the bottom, need to be smaller. The fonts located at the top I think need to be more curvaceous, like the rose. And moving them away from the edge like Jon suggested would help.

Let the beauty of the b/w photo of the rose make them want to read your ad. Don't force them by overpowering it with writing.

I agree with what the others have said. Personaly I think the rose and text aren't working well together, one of them needs to be smaller.

woodsac said:
...the size of the fonts near the bottom, need to be smaller.

Yup. And, as stated, don't crowd the edges.

Overall, a great start. How's the ad meant to be used? I think it would be fine as it is for use in the phone book.

-Pete

I really like the photo of the rose, but the font makes it look too typical and "standard"

Most reactions

Back