Adapter for canon

mcorre3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello fellow photographers!
I'm in search of the correct adapter for my 50mm lens to switch over from my film camera to my digital one. The lens is canon and my digital camera is a canon rebel T5.

Any suggestions would be great!

What is the film camera? Gryphonslair assumed it is a Canon FD camera, if it is an EOS camera, no adapter is required.

If it is a film camera that used FD lenses, then it's probably not worth converting. Most of those cameras came with a 50mm lens. The modern (and brand new) EOS equivalent lens is the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. It's the least expensive lens in the entire lineup (I think it's about $120 USD). But for that price, you'd get a vastly better 50mm lens, with full working aperture control (something you can't have when converting non-EOS lenses) and full working auto-focus (something else you can't have when converting older lenses).

And you DO WANT full-working auto-focus. Old manual focus lenses went with bodies that had nice, large, bright viewfinders that included a split-prism focusing aid. The viewfinder in your T5 is smaller and won't have the split-prism manual focusing aid... making it much more difficult to perform manual focus than it would have been in an older camera.

I would generally skip the adapter, and replace the lens.

Most reactions

Back