Adding a graphic to an image in Photoshop Elements 8

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by smackitsakic, Apr 6, 2010.

1. smackitsakic

smackitsakic New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I downloaded a free 30 day trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 to see if it's a good program fit for me or not.

One question I have...how do I import a graphic overtop of an image? I have developed a logo and want to put it on a few of my pictures, but don't know how to do it:)

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Brad
  2. smackitsakic

smackitsakic New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Anybody know the answer to this?
  3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 Well-Known Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    You might post this in the graphic program sub forum here. I don't have elements any more, but in Photoshop CS4 all you would need to do is to bring up your original image, bring up the logo as a new image then either drag the logo onto the original image or select, copy and paste it onto the original image. This would make the logo a separate layer where you can adjust the opacity of it as well. I think this would work in elements as well but it's been a while since I've used it. It's a pretty basic maneuver though.
  4. AnneRiceBowl

AnneRiceBowl New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use CS3 Extended. In that version, you would go to File > Import > Open the file that is your logo. That should open it in the file that is currently open (like the photo you are working on) in a new layer.

Also, you can sometimes find a slightly older version of Elements for half-price on some online vendors. Just FYI when you trial runs out.
  5. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +4,052 / 0
    This is one of the reasons why Photoshop has layers.

There are several ways to accomplish the task.

Youtube has about 300 video tutorials on how to do this. YouTube - watermark with elements

You could also become a member at www.elementsvillage.com. That seems to be a fairly active forum.

One issue you may run into is trying to put your logo on an image that is at a different resolution.

Did you make your logo with a vector graphics program like Adobe Illustrator or did you use Elements which is a raster graphics program?

If you used Elements you will eventually run into problems trying to scale your logo.
  6. AnneRiceBowl

AnneRiceBowl New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Always make logos in either Illustrator or InDesign because they are vector, not pixel-based software.