Adding realistic fire in Photoshop... HELP?!?

mpreston

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My client really wants the basketball to be in flames in this pic. I don't usually do this kind of thing and I'm pretty lost. Can someone please tell me how? Or show me?

Attachments

• DSC_0385edit_filtered.jpg
    DSC_0385edit_filtered.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 283
Thank you for your help!! This looks pretty cool, but do you know how I could get the fire darker, or with more pop to it?

Good idea. I was going to suggest lighter fluid and a match. ;)

Welcome aboard (both of you)

Came out fairly well. Tell her not to hold it for too long. :)

If you have Photoshop CC, you can use Filter->Render->Flame. You'll need to create a path, but that's easy enough. A quick Google search should show you how to use it.

fire is typically easy to add. here's an old logo I did a few years ago:

resample(lanczos).jpeg

Of the examples presented so far, I like the one by Heather Koch, (post #6) best. It is the most realistic, and shows the ball quite well.

Ask Heather if you can just grab it and use it.

Of the examples presented so far, I like the one by Heather Koch, (post #6) best. It is the most realistic, and shows the ball quite well.

Ask Heather if you can just grab it and use it.

As for the OP, you can surely use the photo, but I would like you to try it first, it literally took me maybe 5 minutes. Direct message me, so I can help you further. I learned all my PS skills via YouTube videos.

I'd consider some other adjustments like in Runnah's version, it looks like it was straightened and cropped. I think it would've helped to not have horizontal lines (created by the bottom of the fence and top edge of the blacktop) cutting across the composition at her eye and chin level.

Here is an edit. I moved the subject a bit higher because the gutter line cuts across the center as described by Vintage Snaps, and added an orange glow on the jacket and the face.

Attachments

• DSC_0385edit_filtered...jpg
    DSC_0385edit_filtered...jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
DSC_0385editfire2_filtered.jpg
Thank you all for your help. I really appreciated it. I was able to come up with my own and am happy with it. It won't let me post it for some reason.

We would like to see what you came up with, if you can post it.

Most reactions

Back