Adirondack Milky Way and Perseid Meteor Shower

For grins and giggles and of course would not post w/o your permission, I tap danced on yours a tad to adjust the tonal range where I think it is too light. I use curves but not in the way you likely do and I do a lot of editing in channels so my results would be much different from your own...

And, when opened in Photoshop, the image is quite a bit brighter than on here..internet compression can be so tricky.

For grins and giggles and of course would not post w/o your permission, I tap danced on yours a tad to adjust the tonal range where I think it is too light. I use curves but not in the way you likely do and I do a lot of editing in channels so my results would be much different from your own...

And, when opened in Photoshop, the image is quite a bit brighter than on here..internet compression can be so tricky.

by all means, I'm going to change the settings in my profile saying it's ok to edit my photos.

Just a thought

adiron.jpg

Well researched, spotted and taken. I find the MW against the shape of the lake and the repeated detail of the wind on the water (?) fascinating. Maybe the sky needs to be a wee bit darker to accentuate this, maybe this is above my pay grade, either way I enjoyed seeing it.

Fantastic shot. Just shows what a little planning and effort can create. This is one of the best Milky Way/landscape shots I have seen in a very, very long time.

WesternGuy

Fantastic shot. Just shows what a little planning and effort can create. This is one of the best Milky Way/landscape shots I have seen in a very, very long time.

WesternGuy

Thank you, I really appreciate that! Can't wait to see this one printed big

Your images just keep getting better. I was up near this part of NY a few weeks ago and its just beautiful. Great Capture

It's sweet when you can plan ahead.
Nice image.

What town is in the distance lighting up the bottom of the clouds?

I share my observing site with an Owl that chirps away at something all night, and the site is bordered on 3 sides by an enclosed habitat for a small Bison herd.

It's sweet when you can plan ahead.
Nice image.

What town is in the distance lighting up the bottom of the clouds?

I share my observing site with an Owl that chirps away at something all night, and the site is bordered on 3 sides by an enclosed habitat for a small Bison herd.

The only town I see on Google earth even remotely in that direction is called Newcomb, still quite far away. The thing that struck me the most about that area is how little light pollution visible even at higher elevations, here in NH if you hike to the higher summits to shoot at night you get a ton of light pollution in your frame

That is a really wonderful photo! It's just incredible!!!:bouncingsmileys:

The thing that struck me the most about that area is how little light pollution visible even at higher elevations, here in NH if you hike to the higher summits to shoot at night you get a ton of light pollution in your frame

It is like that here to, every farm/ranch, and house thinks they need a few big lights in their yards. I hate then! I don't know why they can't just have some dark around them.:mad:

Most reactions

Back