Adobe are SCUM

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by kap55, Oct 24, 2017.

1. astroNikon

astroNikon 'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I agree. I don't even like car leases so when the CC came out I kept buying the LR. I went from LR 4.x to 6.x to support my D750. It's good to know that the LR 6.x will support the D850 as any cameras in my near future would be either a D850, X-T2 / X-T20 or possibly a D7200/d7100.

2. Peeb

Peeb Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    BTW, I have some structural concerns with the statement 'Adobe are scum'. Shouldn't it be 'Adobe IS scum', grammatically?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. pixmedic

pixmedic The Mustached Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

so....dont subscribe to adobe CC. problem solved, crisis averted, the town is saved.
    whats the best alternative to PS AND LR?
    how much software do you have to purchase to equal ( not just "come close") to PS and LR combined? can such a thing even be done?
    sure, you can buy software that is almost as powerful as PS ...but most often I see software like capture one and affinity compared to Lightrooms editing capabilities, not photoshops. so what can I purchase that gives me equal editing power to PS as well as equal cataloging power of LR?
    not to mention the endless number of custom presets that can be downloaded, and LR's non-destructive editing features.
    im down for looking at other options if adobe CC isnt the best anymore, but if the only complaint is the subscription service...ill just keep paying my measly two lattes a month to have the best of the best (of the best).
    totally worth it for us to have the two most powerful and efficient editing programs on the planet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BananaRepublic

BananaRepublic No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Three years ago I signed up to adobe cc. Three months in I had a technical issue which meant the thing wasn't working for me so I got on to adobe support. As you all know abobe provide absolutely awful support for there paying plebeians, customers, and they escalated me round the house for a further three months, FYI I am hobbyist.

Eventually I got so fed up with the situation that I turned to adobes facebook profile and voiced my problems and opinion of customer service, posted 5 times a day for 4 days straight. On the fifth day I got a phone call from California, I live in Ireland, and they fixed my issue as I spoke to them on the phone but being that I was so aggravated I demanded a full refund and I got it. Now the women on the phone didn't care a damn she just wanted the face book posts to stop, probably some underling was to put me on a blacklist but never did. Upshot of that was I had full accesses to the software for 2 years after free of charge, didn't use the cloud bit though.

My point is unless customers air there grievances publicly and or switch to alternate products those Liquor store hold up men have nothing to worry about. A tip regarding contracts set a remminder on your phone or PC to alert you 11 months after signing up to give you time to exit free of charge. I also no longer use adobe.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  5. Frank F.

Frank F. engineering art Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

pacta sunt servanda

I know a lot of people who are angry at Adobe. If you do not like the cake do not eat it and if you sign a contreact read it first.

I had to pay another full year in my swimming club although the swimming club is next to useless to me, because they accepted to many members and the bath is always so crowded (and dirty) that I can not and do not want to swim a relaxed round or two per week anymore. A FULL YEAR!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BananaRepublic

Photos OK to edit
    No they aren't.

7. BananaRepublic

Photos OK to edit
    Its not a secret but its surrounded by a wall of marketing and buzz words.

8. pixmedic

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Why not address the rest of my post then and answer my question?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

9. BananaRepublic

Photos OK to edit
    PS & LR are powerful but not efficient

I use Affinity and what I have determined is: You cant compare the two separate programs that is Lr & PS to it. Affinity is effectively a clone of Ps with the usability of Lr. PS is very good but it has being going for a long time in one form or another and thus can be cumbersome and also scary to use for the uninitiated, because Adobe just layer on the updates year after year without getting rid of the dross from decades ago. Affinity on the other hand was developed only in the last few years, they have taken 95% of whats good about PS and made it far more user friendly and for only a fraction of the price.

Now where adobe wins with consumers is with LR and thats why PS is being sold as a mere bonus in the CC structure. At the moment I am looking for a alternate to LR which Affinity isn't at all and the likes of capture 1 pro is to expensive. If there were a CC deal for LR at say $6 as a standalone I would consider that but it wont happen cause Adobe are shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  10. pixmedic

Photos NOT OK to edit
    We would probably opt for a cheaper LR only option as well

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

11. john.margetts

john.margetts No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Adobe is a company, not an individual, so is plural.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bobby Ironsights

Bobby Ironsights TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Just found this on the adobe website.

The only way to turn off auto renewal before your 12-month renewal date is to cancel your subscription

• Agree Agree x 1