Adobe Camera Raw

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to use it for the first time but i cannot find it on the programs(i have the Adobe creative suite) Can anyone help me please? And whats the difference between this and Adobe Lightroom?

Open Photoshop and when you try to open a RAW frle the ACR program will start automatically.

Open Photoshop and when you try to open a RAW frle the ACR program will start automatically.
Yes, it's really just a function of Photoshop. You may need to update A.C.R. if your version does not support your particular camera.

I haven't used Lightroom, but AFAIK, it's more of a workflow program that is good for dealing with large amounts of RAW files (or JPEG, I assume).

Nevermind, i got it bro.

I recently upgraded to a D200. Now my RAW files are "not the right kind of
document" when I try to view them. Still works for my D70 files, but not for
the D200. Do you think this is simply an update issue?

I shall try updating it then. Thanks again Matt Perko. You seem to be helping
me out quite a bit here in this forum. :D

I beta tested Lightroom and wasn't very impressed with it. From what I have seen of Windows Vista it will take care of all my organization needs for photos. As far as being able to edit photos in Lightroom... it really wasn't all that fast. Photoshop will preview things faster and as long as you don't close the program after every photo.. launching is faster as well.

I'm running into the same problem with my Rebel XT.

I'm using Photoshop CS, and I've downloaded the 2.4 ACR plugin, which is supposed to be the latest and should allow me to open RAW, but I get the *not right kind of document* message still.

Any suggestions? The CR2 file extension shows up in the acceptable formats, but it just won't open.

As I understand it, 3.7 works with CS2. I have CS, and as best I can tell from Adobe's website, 2.4 is the latest for that version.

I tried the 3.7, but I'm still running into the same problem. This is confusing!

I would recommend using the software that came with your camera then, which is very capable. Convert to tiff and open in photoshop CS for any further editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back