Adobe is one of the most incompetent brainless companies I have ever dealt with

It is unfortunately the case when Adobe still owns the market. I still like their software and recommend to others because I have not find a better one. In other industries, where competition are keen, customer service department could be one of their marketing tools.

Can you imagine how many folks have NOT had a problem with their customer service; or even those that have been happy with it? Things that make you go hmmm....

Stop by Thom Hogan's page here and read his dressing down of Adobe's inept handling of its cloud-based services. Adobe's almost comical ineptitude earns Hogan's scorn and ire after yet another failed upgrade/update implementation this spring.

As he concludes, "In short, more of the same from Adobe: incremental updates to everything amounts to monolithic update of the suite and lots of confusion in the installer. This is seriously bad form. But it’s the same bad form Adobe has shown for quite some time now."

Creative Cloud 2015 Emerges and Confuses byThom Thom Hogan

Stop by Thom Hogan's page here and read his dressing down of Adobe's inept handling of its cloud-based services. Adobe's almost comical ineptitude earns Hogan's scorn and ire after yet another failed upgrade/update implementation this spring.

As he concludes, "In short, more of the same from Adobe: incremental updates to everything amounts to monolithic update of the suite and lots of confusion in the installer. This is seriously bad form. But it’s the same bad form Adobe has shown for quite some time now."
I'm certain that Adobe will go out of business soon because they're SO horrible. There's probably only a dozen people or so still using Photoshop CC because they suck SO bad. Especially since Thom Hogan, or should I say, "God according to Derrel", says so.

Their stock is probably dropping like a rock as we speak due to their "inept handling" ever since they switched to the CC service introduced 2 years ago yesterday, on June 17, 2013. I'm sure we'll see that inevitable huge drop due to their continued and unrelenting suckage reflected in today's stock market graph:

Adobe20150618.PNG

Or maybe not...

Gee... It almost looks like a huge success, rather than the huge failure that Thom and his minion Derrel know it to be. I must've posted the graph upside-down, or something.

It's pretty easy to keep stocks high when you hold a virtual monopoly.

It's pretty easy to keep stocks high when you hold a virtual monopoly.
I had no idea that all other image editors had gone out of business. Some of them were quite popular. I also had no idea that nobody but Adobe's geeks could write the code to develop a decent editor that can compete.

Wow! They're really special, I guess.

Too bad that they suck so bad that it won't matter soon, as any company with SO MUCH suckage will surely go up in smoke pretty quickly, no matter what.

I read Hogan's article and it seems as if he gets a copy of every single Adobe product but is upset because they take up precious SSD space.
That's exactly the reason that I wouldn't take all those new Mercedes models that Mercedes wanted to give me; they just filled my garage.
Plus all those Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders just filled up my shower and used all the hot water.

Have you ever prepped a Corel file for press?

Didn't think so.
How does that answer or address ANYTHING?

Because yeah, you can derp around with Corel Paintshop and Draw ... but when it's time to actually print anything on a large scale, it all has to pass through Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat to make it remotely useable.

I'd love it if someone else came along, but thus far the options for true production-readiness are very limited.

I'll agree though, for anyone not in the print world, there are tons of options. But this is the reason why Adobe is in the position that it is in.

Have you ever prepped a Corel file for press?

Didn't think so.
How does that answer or address ANYTHING?

Because yeah, you can derp around with Corel Paintshop and Draw ... but when it's time to actually print anything on a large scale, it all has to pass through Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat to make it remotely useable.

I'd love it if someone else came along, but thus far the options for true production-readiness are very limited.

I'll agree though, for anyone not in the print world, there are tons of options. But this is the reason why Adobe is in the position that it is in.
So, it is your contention that Corel and Paint are the only other programs in existence that can get the job done?

Edit - Wait, no you're saying they don't get the job done.

Are you saying they are the only image editing programs in existence other than Adobe?

So, it is your contention that Corel and Paint are the only other programs in existence that can get the job done?

Are you saying they are the only image editing programs in existence other than Adobe?

Uhm. No. Draw and Paint can't get the job done. Either that or the typical level of designers that use Corel and Paint have no comprehension of print-readiness (which is entirely possible).

From my experience, files from Corel products have been a mess, and it's hard for me to determine what aspects is just poor design and what aspects are limitation to Corel products.

But aside from MS Publish, Corel documents, in particular Draw files, are the worst to preflight.

Uhm. No. Draw and Paint can't get the job done. Either that or the typical level of designers that use Corel and Paint have no comprehension of print-readiness (which is entirely possible).

From my experience, files from Corel products have been a mess, and it's hard for me to determine what aspects is just poor design and what aspects are limitation to Corel products.

But aside from MS Publish, Corel documents, in particular Draw files, are the worst to preflight.
So, to be clear, you're saying that Corel and Adobe are the only image editing programs that exist and claim to be able to do the job, but Corel can't get the job done, which is what makes Adobe "a monopoly", as you put it.

Thus, if Adobe went out of business tomorrow and all their software imploded, it would then be literally impossible for anyone anywhere to "print anything on a large scale" that is even "remotely useable (sic)".

What color are the skies on your planet?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back