Adobe Lightroom Alternative

My idea, although probably illegal, find a student in the US who you trust. Paypal them some money and have them buy it for $100 and ship it to you.
I don't think it would be any more legal than just simply cracking the software.

As for non-destructive editing - you open your original files without making any copies and mess around with some sliders etc. to make it look the way you want. The changes are stored in the metadata of the file (or in some additional file, not exactly sure in case of Lightroom), so if you open the original in any other software, it's untouched, but you can always come back to LR, where the changes are visible, and mess around with it some more.

Nothing like advocating involving a person you trust, in perpetrating a fraud, in print. ;)

Shows how comfortable people are from home and may not realise the consequences...

Of course, registering the purloined copy would be problematic.

It's probably best to leave petty theft schemes up the the experts, who have the benefit of personal experience from their failed attempts and have subsequently attended and completed their advanced studies, at public expense mind, at one of the public criminal college's (jails) our criminal-justice system maintains. :lol:

Haaa...probably the best way I have seen this described. Are you sure you are not part of the crowd? ;):mrgreen:

Long thread but skimming I don't think I've seen it mentioned, have you tried UFRAW?

It is kind of like Adobe CameraRAW for GIMP. It can be used as the importing tool to GIMP (a powerful free image editor), or it can be used standalone to make non-destructive edits which it saves along side the original RAW file as an XMP.

Hi,

Sorry for bumping up old thread, but i just search myself also alternative for LR. First i found this forum but didnt find answer for my problem but was so intrested to this site that i registered :)

So i found to myself a program called LightZone ... its cost only like 99$ and there are plenty of things ... i havent yet buy it but its looks that i might buy it. The tagin and find certain image isnt there but if you can manage your images by folders this might be good program.

I in no way reccomend it as it is illegal, but you can crack software and download it for free. I know people that have cs5, lightroom, adobe premier pro, after affects, and Sony Vegas Pro, all cracked.

I personally would never use cracked software though, as it is illegal.

I'm just stating facts.

I in no way reccomend it as it is illegal, but you can crack software and download it for free. I know people that have cs5, lightroom, adobe premier pro, after affects, and Sony Vegas Pro, all cracked.

I personally would never use cracked software though, as it is illegal.

I'm just stating facts.
Also, you can't update it when it's illegal. I've heard Aperture is very good, around $199.

I personal dont wanna use illegal software... either its free (example open-source) or i have bought it but never a pirate software.

And Aperture is only for Mac ... and i have Win so thats for that

Find a friend/family/kid/neighbor that is a student and then buy the student version, it costs $89. Problem solved. :mrgreen:

Garbz, gotcha. I was refering to cracking lightroom.

Ahhh right. Though I think 9 months after posting the original comments if was going to get cracked lightroom he'd have done it by now :lmao:

Haha very true :banghead: I never look at the date on threads. Ever. I really should start.

I understand man. I don't either, unless I've posted in that thread before and everything suddenly seems suss :)

Most reactions

Back