Adobe LightRoom

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So until this last Monday, my wife and I were completely in the Dark about LightRoom. I'd heard people mention it, but for some reason I thought it was about adding synthetic lighting to pictures. After having using the new version 3 beta for a couple of days now, I'm not sure how we survived this long without it. We'll definitely be saving some time now using LightRoom.

Do you guys use LightRoom extensively too? How long have you been using it?

I have been using LR for 3 years or so. It perfectly fits my workflow because I do not do a lot of post processing. Plus it's library view has saved me. Being able to quickly flag and rate photos is something I have been dreaming of. Plus the Raw workflow is very smooth.

Beyond global changes I still use PS. I doubt I will ever get rid of PS, but I do not plan on upgrading.

Love & Bass

Exclusively no, Lightroom's limitation to image wide changes only makes having Photoshop, or Elements, or some other image editor still a necessity for per pixel work.

That and there are much better sharpening and noise reduction solutions out there, which come as plugins for photoshop. So I use Lightroom as the great first step, but my real quality pictures often deserve a little more attention.

Exclusively no, Lightroom's limitation to image wide changes...
Just to be clear, mine's not limited to image wide changes. That's why it has spot removal and, more importantly, an adjustment brush tool.

That said, I do agree that I mostly use it for reviewing and selecting, cataloging and tagging, working with my RAW files / conversion to other file formats, global changes to photos, and quick and dirty photo package / web page outputs for others to review.

I too still reserve my final work for CS4, but for those purists who always "get it right" in the camera, it's got more "pixel level" tools than they could possibly need. ;)

Do you guys use LightRoom extensively too? How long have you been using it?
Not exclusively but in conjunction with PS it is perfect for me :thumbup:

I use it exclusively but there are a few, very few, features in other software I wish were there.

I use it in conjunction with PS, and they really work great together. On any image I want to go a little further on and clone something out, or run a better noise reduction etc. I just click edit in photoshop fix it and save, and voila it's back in lightroom.

I have Elements 7, Lightroom 2, and CS4. So, I guess you can say, I can't decide. :D Or, I find features in each that have value. :thumbup:

I've almost gotten to the point where the only thing that I do with LR is convert to TIFF for editing elsewhere. The user interface is not the greatest.

I just got Lightroom a week ago. Like Plato, I too am a bit peeved by the UI. I use it for tweaking exposures on a large batch of shots. However, if it's only one shot that I know will also need more PP, I'll just import it to photoshop and tweak the exposure with the Canon RAW codec addon for PS.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 software is essential for today's digital photography. Using this software you can quickly import, process and manage your images — from one shot to an entire shoot. With Lightroom 2, you spend less time in front of the computer and more time behind the lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back