Adobe Lightroom

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by darin3200, Aug 4, 2006.

1. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Ok, is lightroom going to be free or is it just free now since it's in beta and they want testers?

I like the software but I don't want to set everything up and being using a lot if they are going to make it commericially available at $300 or something.

2. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Lightroom is aimed at the pros. My guess is that the finished version will be neither free, nor cheap. That's only a guess, though.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

That's what I'm worried about. Adobe bought pixmatic who makes this pretty good and free RAW program called Rawshooter essential. Essential will no longer be available after adobe starts shipping lightroom.

4. vim

vim TPF Noob!

darin if u look in the top right hand corner of the lightroom start up screen it says in red, warning " this software will expire" so i would assume it will be replaced by a version that needs a product key.
    it looks ok lightroom but u can bet once we have got used to it adobe will ask us to pay up for the goods.
    peace

vim