Adobe Photoshop ??

magicmonkey said:
I have a friend who uses a dodgy copy of photoshop CS2, it's fully featured and does download updates fine so yours probably would as well. Having said that, if you're going to use the software as much as other photographers do then you should really buy the full version. Why not trial the one you have at the moment and use it to decide if you want to pay for the full version, then you're morally in the clear ;)

I must say that I found it a bit annoying to see my mate using a free, fully featured version when I'd forked out a ridiculous amount of money on the original!
As simple as that sounds, I have not even thought using a trial...duh. I have a trial disk from adobe too so I wouldn't even have to bother with the 'copy' I bought although it may be fun to see if it really the same. Trials aren't fully functional are they? I did a trial of Elements before I bought it and can't remember. Not like I would know anyhow, I didn't know how to use it.

bytch_mynickname said:
As simple as that sounds, I have not even thought using a trial...duh. I have a trial disk from adobe too so I wouldn't even have to bother with the 'copy' I bought although it may be fun to see if it really the same. Trials aren't fully functional are they? I did a trial of Elements before I bought it and can't remember. Not like I would know anyhow, I didn't know how to use it.

I did a rebuild on my machine last night and whilst reinstalling photoshop I noticed a 30 day trial if you didn't put the serial number in, as this was after all the file were installed I would *assume* it's a full version, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't but I've never used the trial versions myself...

magicmonkey said:
I did a rebuild on my machine last night and whilst reinstalling photoshop I noticed a 30 day trial if you didn't put the serial number in, as this was after all the file were installed I would *assume* it's a full version, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't but I've never used the trial versions myself...

I will try that. I called my university bookstore and they don't carry photoshop but they referred me ot the computer science department. I talked to the department head and he said they would be getting more in in a few weeks. They didn't have any licenses (sp?) left from last semester. He said they normally only sell to computer science majors and minors but since I called before they actually placed the order, they would order an extra bundle:confused: because he is sure they will be able to sell the leftovers to other people. He wasn't exactly sure how much they would be but he said they were never more than $200 each :D I was worried about the price being so low, I knew it would be lower but not that low so I asked if it was the full version and he said it was and it was so cheap b/c they buy them in huge volumes.
Now I only have to wait a few weeks for them to order them and hopefully find my student ID before then, don't want to have to pay $20 for another ID. In the meantime I will use the trial version. I was saving money for a new lens but I guess that money will go for photoshop, and I will order a 50mm 1.8 lens so I still get a new lens, a cheap one but a new one nonetheless.

you did get an illegal copy and depending on the software, you can get updates. the school can charge way less because they are a school. schools get big discounts on most software.

does photoshope elements 4.0 have the ability to make pictures B7W but to color in only certain things ( example: B&W wedding pic with the flowers colored)???

officersdr said:
does photoshope elements 4.0 have the ability to make pictures B7W but to color in only certain things ( example: B&W wedding pic with the flowers colored)???

selective coloring, yes you can do that in elements 4

I got mine from acedemic superstore online for $ 295.00. I forgot how much the shipping was but they were very quick in getting it to me.

Most reactions

Back