Adorable toddler...Feedback please...how is the color and PP?

NJMAN: Thanks.

EJBPhoto: Thank you! :mrgreen:

we definitely have a difference among monitors here.

I think either FlashHarry or N'Kolor are closest to nice baby skin. The OPs photos look muddy and brownish.

I just went back and recalibrated my monitor with Gretag MacBeth One-eye and they still look the same. Are you (OP) using a hardware device?

Have you gotten successful prints lately?

All of them need a little sharpening, IMO.

There is definately a need to see these pics on a monitor that is calibrated, but more than that, I see all the pics as being too soft. They look *almost* lightly out of focus, but thats becuase of the lack of sharpening.

The colours also look a little washed out, not too vibrant.

I printed two of these and they came out fine...not muddy, washed out or soft. They are all sharp as a tack...no softness to them. I have viewed them on four screens so far, three screens they look fine and this screen they seem soft, even though I know they are not at all. I use Colorvision Spyder2Express to calibrate my monitor and just did so this week.

Here is a thread for another photo I just shot and edited (using Lightroom on my monitor just as the other images) that, on my screen and in print, looks insanely vibrant and sharp as a tack. On this screen that I'm on right now (not mine, not calibrated) it looks dark and soft.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116314

I'm gonna chalk this one up to a vast difference in monitors. :confused:

The colours also look a little washed out, not too vibrant.

Oddly enough, before I recalibrated my monitor, they looked OVER processed.

*sigh*

This is why it's better to see the finished product in print.

Most reactions

Back