Adorama delivers

Patrice

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of stuff from their website on Dec22. Come January 16 still no product and the credit card had not yet been debited. I called their 1-800 number and spoke to a pleasant enough lady. After she verified my order confirmation number she informed me that the order had not been shipped because one of the items was on back order. I instructed her to ship the order anyway and ship the other item when they had one. Next morning the UPS man was at the house - he didn't leave the box because UPS wanted a $28 check for brokerage. This is less than 24 hours to get a delivery from New York to Calgary - way to go Adorama. They must have found the missing item before shipping because it too was in the box.

Good to hear. I love Adorama. When I lived in Pennsylvania I ordered from them frequently and always got the shipments faster than they told me to expect it. Maybe they factor in a buffer when shipping or whatever... but it's a nice surprise when you come to a box on the doorstep.

I visited their store in Manhattan a couple of weeks ago. Boy is it small compared to B&H. I got a battery grip for my Nikon 8400 (close out special: list price: $179, selling for $49 :thumbup: :thumbup: ). They were really friendly and laid back. I was happy.

For my last order to Adorama I paid extra for 2 day shipping. 19 days later it finally arrived. I called their customer service, and asked what happened, and they really couldn't explain it. They said the items weren't out of stock. I suggested they should credit me (I'd spend the credit in their store) the difference between what I paid for 2 day shipping, and what regular shipping would cost. They were very rude, and annoyed with me, and hung up. I'm not a big time customer by any means, but I had been spending $8K to $10K annually at Adorama. I guess they didn't need my business. Since then I've gone with B & H, and been much happier with the customer service, and the shipping.

It boggles the mind how a company (such as Adorama) can spend so much on advertising and not realize that being rude to customers is undoing what they have paid for.

The company owners are maybe just a little too busy enjoying the cash flow to watch what is happening on the macro level.

Funny thing is I have ordered from both with no trouble, but when I hear a bad report it makes me a lot less likely to order again. Not that i wont if they are the only game in town. With the internet it's hard to imagine anyone being the only game in town.

And you all are being really generous and using the links at the top of this site so we get credit for sales, right? :mrgreen:

If members use the link for purchases, TPF gets a credit of what type???.....I'll definitely consider this the next time.

Is this procedure stated anywhere in the forum??

i will never use adorama again.

i've used them multiple times and all of them went off with some hitch or another.

this last one they they charged me for an item that was on backorder, and three weeks later after a ton of trouble credited me back my money and cancelled the order.

i ordered from bh the next day and got my package no prob.

i will never use adorama again.

i've used them multiple times and all of them went off with some hitch or another.

this last one they they charged me for an item that was on backorder, and three weeks later after a ton of trouble credited me back my money and cancelled the order.

i ordered from bh the next day and got my package no prob.

Surprised you had difficulty....

Well, one out of two ain't bad.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back