Adorama problems?

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone had any trouble ordering from Adorama lately? I've use them in the past and been fine, but sunday I placed an order and it didnt go through (called today to check), so I placed another one and still no confirmation email. If nothing by tomorrow I just go ahead and order from newegg, but I had been hoping to print a few of my pics from Adorama soon.

Anyone know whats up?

Contact member HelenOster. She works in Customer Relations with Adorama and is usually very helpful.

^
The people at Adorama are on the ball!! Love it!

They shafted me. I bought a lens and they took the money and processed the order. a week later I noticed the money back in my account. They put the money back in my account and cancelled my order. They claimed that the item was not in stock. They told me nothing and never told me about what was going on. The only reason I knew was because they put my money back.

I use B&H and have had no issues with them.

So they didn't really shaft you, i mean, they gave the money back right? I could understand this being very very frustrating, but "shafted" is a bit of a stretch I'd say...

They shafted me. I bought a lens and they took the money and processed the order. a week later I noticed the money back in my account. They put the money back in my account and cancelled my order. They claimed that the item was not in stock. They told me nothing and never told me about what was going on. The only reason I knew was because they put my money back.

I use B&H and have had no issues with them.

I maybe need to clarify here for members who are maybe unfamiliar with Adorama procedures: at Adorama we do not debit a customer's cc until an order actually ships.

It does happen now and again that a manufacturer or distributor lets us down and is unable to supply us with an item as promised - eg if it has been - or is close to being - discontinued.
I cannot vouch for the practice back past 18 months ago, but I do know that if a customer's order needs to be cancelled because of such a situation, customers are advised. I know, because I frequently write the standard emails that are sent out to customers by our automated system!

However, if you order from Adorama via PayPal or Amazon, they will both put a hold on the funds - but this is NOT passed to Adorama until the order ships. I am also aware that there are some banks who do something similar.

I'm always more than delighted to help with any query regarding an order from Adorama - you just need to drop me an email!

I ordered a new 30D and was told a day later that it wasn't in stock... ok no problem, I canceled the order and was mad and upset for a while. I was leaving that day for a camping trip for the weekend. On the way up I got a call from Adorama asking if I would like a used one in E+ condition... I didn't want used, but I talked with the guy on the phone for probably 30 minutes or so and we went over how the used ones were checked and cleaned an rated. TOP NOTCH customer service! I ended up ordering the used one and some extras for it as well :) That ws not even a year ago, they seem pretty good and fair to me!

My reasoning for being pissed was due to the fact they did not email me. They did not call me. Nothing. The just cancelled my order. It just made me mad. When I called the guy on the phone made me feel like an idiot for wanting an email or a phone call so I have a way of knowing.

My reasoning for being pissed was due to the fact they did not email me. They did not call me. Nothing. The just cancelled my order. It just made me mad. When I called the guy on the phone made me feel like an idiot for wanting an email or a phone call so I have a way of knowing.

I really am truly sorry that this happened, and can assure you that this will either have been down to human error or a software issue.

As I said above, when required - thankfully not too often - I often write the cancellation emails; they are sent out to customers via an automated system.
While there is absolutely no excuse for any member of our staff not to treat every customer with the utmost respect, I can only think that there must have been a misunderstanding, for example that the person you spoke to would be aware that a cancellation email should have been sent out advising you that we couldn't get any more stocks.

If you can email me directly [email protected] with any details regarding the 'phone conversation, ie date and time plus the number you called from, we can pull the tapes of the call, identify who you spoke to, and take appropriate action.

Most reactions

Back