Advanced Composition

too much theory for me. Am old fashion, practice,practice practice, until my eyes and brain say. YEP. ;)

i have seen this before and thought the same thing then as now, too many words but i haven't come up with a simple explanation so perhaps i should keep my mouth or rather fingers shut.

altho , i do discuss the importance of triangles in my classes so does that count:er:

Like the ROT, and other compositional considerations, it's a guideline that may or may not jibe with someones artistic vision.

However, if you want to maximize the visual impact of an image, particularly in a commercial context, it's worth having in your bag of tricks.

This one I hadn't heard. Thanks :) Also learnt about the gridlines feature in lightroom so double thanks :D:D

I have been using the diagonal grid lines in LR for a while now, and I have to say - it is my favorite...

To Nuke something, is to over think, or overwork it. When you begin to spend more time analyzing something then really needed, often creating more work, or making it more difficult.

That's Nuking.

Oh, I knew that - I just didn't see 'diagonals' as over-thinking it.

LOL at your new avatar!
So it's personal now, is it?
:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back