Advice and opinions on B&W

Tweek Sound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
tweeksound.com
I think you got a great shot here. The contrast is amazing, perfect for black and white. The only thing I would change is the composition. You have the 'ball" in a good spot but the bright leaves tend to pull you away from subject to the far edge of the screen. I would re compose with the leaves pleaying more of a complimetary role to the "ball" maye even adjusting the leaves so their curve echos the subjects shape.

Thank you for the comments.
I'm really new to this so I appologise.
But I'm not sure what it means.
Do you mean to darken the leaves?
Re compose? Does that mean tak another picture?
I don't know much at all about photo theory.
I understand the idea of a subject but is that a required element in a good photo?
Is there a type of photo that can have several points of attention focus?
Thanks.
Like I said I'm new to this all. I got Photo shop and the Pansonic around the same time recetnly.
Thanks again.:thumbup:
Matt

cool shot, i like it. but id try to give it a little more depth. perhaps slightly blur everything thats around the ball for example. it looks a little flat. the contrast is nice though :) keep that

Keep it AS IS! The leaves give it context. I think it's BRILLIANT!

Remi isn't saying to lose the leaf, but to tone down the brightness. The eye naturally goes to the bright areas of the image, and with the leaf being so washed out, it draws your attention from the ball without letting your eye go there on it's own. You might be able to burn in the leaf in Photoshop, or you could crop in some on the left, or you could retake the shot. I do like the image otherwise, and the contrast is perfect for the subject.

The first version is a keeper! I'm impressed, wish I could find a subject like that once in a while, and then treat it right.

Very good job!

Thanks all! Great compliments and great advice. I'm leatrning a lot as I go along here.
I'm more into digital audio than digital photo but I'm really liking photography a lot.

I ope one day I can afford a really nice digital camera and get out to some nice places and take some pics like I see from al of you.

Thanks again!
Matt

Most reactions

New Topics

Back