Advice : CANON EF 28-105 F/4.0-5.6

Why's that ?

What features or characteristics are you looking to upgrade from your 18-55mm? That lens probably won't be much of an upgrade.

Ok.

Basically I have sold my 350D along with the 18-55mm Kit lens that came with it and a Sigma 70-200mm lens.

I need a lens which will allow me to take any type of photo (telephoto for sport) such as long exposures, landscapes, portraits etc.. It can be Canon or Sigma.

Im in the UK so ideally if you are linking the UK link would be appreciated.

Thank you

Better, yes. A whole lot better...probably not.

I need a lens which will allow me to take any type of photo (telephoto for sport) such as long exposures, landscapes, portraits etc.. It can be Canon or Sigma.
Are you saying that convienence is more important than image quality or max aperture size?

Both Canon and Sigma make an 18-200mm lens but they have small max apertures and the image quality probably isn't any better than the 18-55mm.

If you want to get something with better image quality and a larger max aperture, I'd suggest the Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 (or the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8).

Well basically I have a fairly small budget - £100? - $200 ish

Picture quality is very important however I shoot a lot of the time with my sigma telephoto.

I don't know much about that lens...but personally, unless you are going to get a larger aperture like the Sigma 18-50mm F2.8....then I'd suggest the Canon 18-55mm with IS.

How about the 50mm F1.8? The quality will be quite a bit better and the aperture is a lot bigger (great for sports) but you would have to zoom with your feet.

Ok.

Basically I have sold my 350D along with the 18-55mm Kit lens that came with it and a Sigma 70-200mm lens.

Thank you

I hope the Sigma 70-200 was not the F2.8 if so you made a big mistake

Ok.

Thank you

There is no such lens :(

Most reactions

Back