advice for digital reflex caeras

digi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello

I'm interested in buying a reflex-digital camera, such as the canon eos series. I'm only a begginer so I'm quite confused, can any one help me clear my thoughts? I'm looking for a camera that has all the fetures of a reflex camera and takes pictures of reflex camera quality but does not have film (but a card) and i can see the figure before i take the picture in a scan, like in a digital camera. if there is not such a thing can you advise me according to the following demands (i mean these are my preorities)
: 1. picture quality likea good reflex camera 2. I can sea the image on a screen

thanks everybody

digi

All digital reflex cameras (or digital SLR) show the picture on the lcd screen after you have taken the picture, not before. you have to look through the veiwfinder to compose the picture. As for cameras, in the canon eos series they range from eos 350d (£500ish) to eos 1Dmk11 (£2500ish)

I believe there is an Olympus SLR where you can see a feed in realtime of what the lens "sees". It uses a semi opaque shutter for this. However it would be very uncomfortable to take photos with an slr and not hold it to your face and look through the viewfinder I think.

I think it's pretty rare. The mirror (hence "reflex") would have to be half-silvered too allow the image to get to the sensor. The viewfinder wouldn't be as bright as it could be, so you'd be dealing with a compromise.

markc said:
I think it's pretty rare. The mirror (hence "reflex") would have to be half-silvered too allow the image to get to the sensor. The viewfinder wouldn't be as bright as it could be, so you'd be dealing with a compromise.

No doubt they compensate by having the screen brighter when the shutter is down. But it's not a common thing.

Daniel said:
No doubt they compensate by having the screen brighter when the shutter is down. But it's not a common thing.
I meant the optical viewfinder would be dimmer. If you like using it, having a live LCD would actually be a hinderance, especially if you like to focus manually.

Most reactions

Back