Advice for my new photography business

feernaand

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First of all I live in Puerto Rico and my English isn't that good. I love shooting cars! and I'm really good at it, but I don't want to concentrate in cars. I don't like weddings, but I do enjoy doing portraits and fashion photography. The thing is that my passion is shooting rolling cars shots, but i will also like to have a little of everything, Do you guys think that "CARPICSPhotography & More" is going to be a good name for my business?. Like I said my passion are the cars and I do some freelance work for many dealerships, so what do you think? Thans for any advice! (I also do some cars commercials) Please i need some help deciding this, thank you all :) $jeee.jpg$dededed.jpg$554569_559292187426936_1400074977_n.jpg$IMG_0139.jpg$IMG_0160.jpg$IMG_4264.jpg

Use your name for your business.

By incorporating the word "car" in your business name, you will limit the number of people who may be curious enough to find out if you do any other types of photography.

Carpets Photography.

I think you need two business names. One which focuses (pun fully intended! :mrgreen: ) solely on the automotive photography, and one which is aimed at the portraiture and retail side. Two business names, two URLs, two websites, etc. That way clients who want automotive work done will only see automotive work, and those who want traditional retail photographic work, will only see that. You can incorporate as "Firstname_Lastname_Photography" and then have two DBAs set up below that, each with its own website & name. As an aside, "Carpics photography" does NOT say confident professional to me.

I think you need two business names. One which focuses (pun fully intended! :mrgreen: ) solely on the automotive photography, and one which is aimed at the portraiture and retail side. Two business names, two URLs, two websites, etc. That way clients who want automotive work done will only see automotive work, and those who want traditional retail photographic work, will only see that. You can incorporate as "Firstname_Lastname_Photography" and then have two DBAs set up below that, each with its own website & name. As an aside, "Carpics photography" does NOT say confident professional to me.

Thanks for your reply!, but first. does "CARPICS Photography & More"is a bad idea? and if it is, Can i modified the name to attract different kinds of costumers? I see the whole point of having two business names,webs, etc, but why make 2 of them when I can make it all in one. I know that CARPICS is really a limited name for my business. So What can I do? My full name is Fernando JR. Perez Velez, but for me it isn't that fancy like to have it for a business name. Thanks for all your advice! it really opened my eyes! thanks and I hope to see a reply soon.

I think I'm going with the two business names :) thank you all!!!!

Good decision.

"Carpics and more" reads like "Anything for a Buck"

Try to find something just a little classier than "Carpics" as well.

but first. does "CARPICS Photography & More"is a bad idea?

Yes

and if it is, Can i modified the name to attract different kinds of costumers?

Only if you drop the word car. With the the word car in the name you will only bring in car work, you will instantly not be considered for the "more"

Use two business names. Even if you didn't have the word car in the name if I'm interested in portraits and see a bunch of cars on your website I'm going to go to someone else who specializes in portraits.

Velez Photography / Velez Fotografía

:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back