Advice For Next Time

LeftBehind

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Double post, now that the double thread has been merged into one - so I edited this one

A friend of mine told me we were going for a walk, she said somewhere she wanted to go, and offered no further information. As we walked it got dark very quickly, and she kept commenting on how she really wished it wasn't this dark, i wondered why?
We end up walking down a highway, and lead off into the field into some trees and dirt, with a small little house sitting in the middle.
"It's abandoned now, I want to go in"
The house was trashed, all the windows broken walls ****ed up, but I figured hey, it's only pitch black, at least if she gets murdered I wont be able to see it. I kicked open the door, pulled out my camera and the two of us explored using my cameras flash as a guide. Unfortionately the real world hit me like a ton of bricks when i realized I had no tripod and could barely see ANYTHING without a flash. I was forced to use a flash, and would like to know what you guys think of some of the edited[to look how i wish you saw it]advice for shootings times and techniques for my new ambitious project.

Edited
1)
Abandoned_House_I_by_PossesedSmurf.jpg

2)
Abandon_House_II_by_PossesedSmurf.jpg

Unedited:

Now i realize obvious issues such as composition (lets face it, it's not easy to shoot in pitch black). I know I'm left with cropping options and color correction ideas, but what do you think I can do to extend the eerrie 'mood' this house had to viewers.

Hi LeftBehind,

Go back and shoot with the tripod and no flash. You have a great opportunity for some awesome pictures. Be sure to zoom all the way out and use a wide angle to get more subject matter in your images. I would be interested to see what you come up with.

Agree with NJMAN.

When you go back with a tripod take your time to come up with interesting compositions. I think more often then not when I take pictures of abandoned stuff it just looks like a snapshot of garbage because of composition problems... Also, I would recommend getting to the house before it gets dark, so you figure out how to get around; plus, some late afternoon sun lighting looks great with abandoned structures.

Anyway, good luck.

I merged the two threads as to unclutter the forum

remember you don't always need a tripod...look for stationary objects to simply set your camera on next time (the window sill for instance)

Most reactions

Back