Advice from a professional

Yeah, I think the various forms of dysfunction are well-studied and adequately-documented. Silly me - I was hoping those guys had a suggestion on how to make it *better*.

The point is, what do the majority want this place to be?
The mods have a rather loose set of rules and try to take the easiest road within them; understandable.

There are three mechanisms that the inmates can use to 'manage' behavior. Public disapproval (not fighting), reporting people who disrupt (the Mods can be prodded into action by enough reports) and, if you are the OP, reporting problems to the mods.

Since most disruptors and attention getters get what they want from any disruption, we should try not to feed them, just use the mechanisms that we have.

I take all comments I receive into consideration. I can't say I value any one member's opinion more unless they really seem to have an insight into what I'm doing. I've never had a shot on the cover of Vogue or one hanging in the MOMA, and neither have any of you, so what's up with the snobbery?

I take all comments I receive into consideration. I can't say I value any one member's opinion more unless they really seem to have an insight into what I'm doing. I've never had a shot on the cover of Vogue or one hanging in the MOMA YET, and neither have any of you, so what's up with the snobbery?
:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back