advice from professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the OP had "passion, vision and drive"

Ahhh. The ole passion cliche. Anyone else roll their eyes when they read this on a bio? Ranks right up there with caution tape, train tracks, and a vintage chair in the middle of a backlighted wheatfield. Not to worry, the next replacement adjective for passion will be...whimsical. Trust me folks, it's gaining ground.

BTW, apologies for anyone on here who has passion in their "about" section. I have not read anyone's profiles on here.

$IMG_0041 copy.jpg

You are all a bunch of LOSERS. Grow up. I am a very successfull business owner and probably make more money in a month then any of you do in a whole year. Someone on here messaged me and said the ones who replyed with sarcasm was just a bunch of amatuers. So Im the one laughing now.

I can see you yelling at your computer screen as you type this. If you're really getting that aggravated by advice you got from strangers, you don't belong on a forum. Period. Part of forums is having a tough skin, if you don't have it and have to resort to calling strangers names for being 100% honest about a field that everyone thinks they can do but most can't, you're the pathetic one and need to find another business to break into.

Tee said:
Ahhh. The ole passion cliche. Anyone else roll their eyes when they read this on a bio? Ranks right up there with caution tape, train tracks, and a vintage chair in the middle of a backlighted wheatfield. Not to worry, the next replacement adjective for passion will be...whimsical. Trust me folks, it's gaining ground.

I can see it now... I got my first DSLR last week and i have been taking pictures like crazy. Im going to start charging for my pictures because photography has always been my whimsy. Yea... Whimsical sounds good.

If the OP had "passion, vision and drive"

BTW, apologies for anyone on here who has passion in their "about" section. I have not read anyone's profiles on here.

I have to say that I really try not using the word passion when to comes to photography, especially when i've been in the snow for 2 hours at -40 standing on the side of a hill shooting snowboarding, being passionate about photography at that point, really doesn't come to mind.

Maybe they should make a movie about it... The Passion of the Photographer

Tee said:

I can see it now... I got my first DSLR last week and i have been taking pictures like crazy. Im going to start charging for my pictures because photography has always been my whimsy. Yea... Whimsical sounds good.

It's usually found in the context of:

"I describe my style as funky and whimsical with a touch of class for those treasured memories". Translation: I use Florabella actions.

You are all a bunch of LOSERS. Grow up. I am a very successfull business owner and probably make more money in a month then any of you do in a whole year. Someone on here messaged me and said the ones who replyed with sarcasm was just a bunch of amatuers. So Im the one laughing now.

Ok Mr. Officer/Business owner I normally keep my nose out of these kinds of threads because I don't feel I'm qualified to comment on the business side of things yet but oh wow, you are taking the cake here!

Your OP started out like any other amateur who thinks that buying gear is the key to making money at photography and nowhere in the thread did you convince us otherwise. For some reason you decided that telling us that you are an officer AND a business owner already was going to make us suddenly realize you aren't the same as the other bazillion amateurs who come here from all walks of life (EXCEPT a solid TIME investment in the skill of photography) and think that buying the "right gear" will make them a photographer. I mean ANYONE can take a good picture with today's technology right? So as your OP states that's all you need, the right gear, how utterly insulting right out of the gate.

As a business owner I would expect you to have SOME understanding of any kind of business and KNOW what is involved on a very basic level, did you even take time to think around a photography business? I would assume that already being an owner you would have some respect for and pride in your end product, oh that's right, it's all about the right gear, no skill involved, the camera will take care of that for you, just point... click... cha-ching you are rollin' in the dough!

You got responses from professionals in this thread, they gave you good solid advice and information in between the jabs brought on by your serious disrespect for anyone who has put in the time and effort to learn the craft and hone their skills to offer up a quality end product that they are proud of.

If you wanted to learn how to purchase a camera one day and be a professional the next day you chose the wrong place to ask, you would have gotten the answers you WANTED on Facebook, so try there, I'm sure someone will give you the guidance you seek.

Is anyone besides me just a little worried that this guy carries a badge and gun?

baturn said:
Is anyone besides me just a little worried that this guy carries a badge and gun?

I can see him giving the "i make more money in a month than you do in a year" speech to everyone he pulls over for going 5 miles over the speed limit.

You may be the one laughing, IDK and don't care. But you're also the one who obviously doesn't know a damn thing about photography, and yet starts their first post here by declaring their intention to start a photography business. Hence why you've been the recipient of so much sarcasm.

And it's been my experience that truly successful people don't have to tell you they are. :sexywink:

GTHO.

I don't honestly think this thread is really serious. I think we're all suckers.

manaheim said:
I don't honestly think this thread is really serious. I think we're all suckers.

The bunny could be right.... Guys probably not a cop OR a "business owner".

You may be right, but we have had several ones in the past that I also thought were a joke and then found out that the Op was in fact serious, stupid, but serious.

You're great at making one regret helping you! We'll be glad to allow you to be so amazing all by yourself, after all, we mere mortals are so beneath you. k? Bye
Yep, that's the general cop attitude. And they wonder why they get such **** from people.
Go away.

Click the little number in the top right of all the informative posts you wrote using the middle mouse button (the one under the scroll wheel*). Then in the new tab that opens bookmark/favourite the page and give it an appropriate title. Now you've got those great answers all ready for next time :)

*if you're on MAC you probably have to hold down two or three keys somewhere on the keyboard and insight a few lines of prayer before clicking the single mouse button three times or something like that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back