Advice needed for Noobie pictures.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by MichaelMcDoanld, Nov 15, 2006.

1. MichaelMcDoanld

MichaelMcDoanld TPF Noob!

Well. You see i'm a noobie so I ws wondering if anyone could give me some advice on these pictures. All of these pictures were taken with a Minolta Maxxum Htsi with a sigma 18-200mm zoom lens or a minolta 18-80 standered lens.
    These shots were takren out front with no consideration to lights/shadows and with no filters used. If you could tell me what you think I Would be very gratefull!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/72158990@N00/
    Cheers
    Michael McDonald

2. ironsidephoto

ironsidephoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i like the vivid-ness of the barbed-wire one.
    not so mucht the racing ones.

3. Groupcaptainbonzo

Groupcaptainbonzo TPF Noob!

I liked them. You have an eye for an image and you are developing a style of your own. I don't know how "new" you are to all this, but you appear to understand perspective, and composition already. and if I'm not mistaken a bit of "Hyperfocal" Technique (focusing on an unimportant area which is between two important subjects, so that the two important ares will be in focus). I actually like the raceing images, although some of the "Artier" ones are better.. (In MY opinion).
    It is obvious from your images however, that you have nailed THE most important factor. You enjoy your photography. Can't fault that...

4. cosmonaut

cosmonaut No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    You have a very good eye for composition. Advice: Read and practice.....
    Cosmo

5. MichaelMcDoanld

MichaelMcDoanld TPF Noob!

Thank you very much guys. Yeah I do enjoy it very much. Also I was thinking about a polerizing filter and na ew widescreen or fisheye lens for those beloved snowboarding pictures. Would you think that this would be right or not. Thanks again
    Cheers
    Michael