Advice needed on buy new camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Jeesh, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Jeesh

Jeesh TPF Noob!

Jan 4, 2010
    Photos NOT OK to edit

I'm new here so I'm not to sure if it is okay to be posting this sort of question but, I am looking to buy a new camera I have had a fairly basic Sony cyber-shot DSC-S730 (compact camera) Its not the greatest but I feel I'm ready to move to something better.

I have been doing a lot of research into bridge cameras, and feel that these would naturally be the next step up. Only problem I'm having is which on to buy, I have mainly been looking at Panasonic's bridge cameras after being told they are very good quality, the Lumix FZ50 to be specific.

Is this a good buy I have seen many reviews and just wanted to hear what the users of it thought or any other suggestions.

I'm looking for a camera with a good optical zoom and close to the feel of an SLR. I would like to have a lens with manual focus and also for the zoom and the focus to be on the lens barrel :p

Other then the points stated above any thing that is close to professional standard yet still easy for learners :)

On a side note I would like to get a Raynox super macro for which ever camera I get, not to sure on the information on this weather it would work with a bridge camera or not...

Thanks for any suggestions

Sorry about the copy right infringement :)
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010