Advice needed on new lense

Daniel_Ford

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I need some help! I've been trying to figure out what sort of lense to get for some photos that I need to take for my girlfriends fashion project.

Basically the photos are going to be taken in a kicthen which only measures about 4.20m long by 1.80m wide. I need to be able to capture the entire garment from head to toe but obviously the space I'm working with is constarined.

I currently have the canon 60mm macro lense for the close ups but iI now need a lense for the whole dress. Can anyone recommend a good 'affordable' lense for this type of work?

Your help is much appreciated.

Daniel

What camera do you have? If it's a 1.6x crop camera then the Sigma 30mm f1.4 or Canon 28mm f1.8 may do the job. Portraits in tight spaces is difficult as you may get some distortion with wide angle lenses.

Its just a canon 350d, I'll take a look at those lenses.

I think those lenses will be too long for that tight space. Can you find a better place to shoot?

Do you have the standard kit lens (18-55mm)? It might be wide enough.

If you don't have that lens, I suggest something that is at least 18mm wide. That's not the ideal length for this type of shooting but if you are limited by space then you need something wide.

Yeah I have the standard 18-55 lense, maybe I'll look around at other 18+ lenses or just stick with the standard lesnse.

Thanks for your advice

Actually, now that I think about it...4.2 meters should be long enough that you might be able to use the 60mm lens you have (if it's the EF-S 60mm)...or maybe one of the lenses that EOS JD suggested.

Most reactions

Back