advice needed!

Whitbysnapper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I've been messing around with my Nikon D50 for a couple of years and need to upgrade.
I take sports/landscape and family photos and often need to crop pictures and my nikon doesn't give me the results i'm looking for. I was thinking of trying canon and need more pixels than the nikons 6.1.
Having hunted around and with my low budget I was thinking of a canon 450d or 500d.
Anyone got any advice?
(i've also been pushed into snapping a mates wedding, another reason to upgrade, and need advice on the best lenses to use.):???:

thanks

What lens do you have on the D50? Maybe you might consider another Nikon and keep your D50 as a back up, especially if you want to shoot a wedding.

6.1 pixels is plenty.

The D50 is one of the best digital cameras Nikon has so far produced.

However it is getting long in the tooth having been released 4/20/05.

Of the two Canon cameras the 500D performs slightly better overall than the 450D:

Compare cameras

Neither will perform very well indoors for a wedding because they both lack good low-light ISO capabilities.

nvm.

Last edited:
i'm using 18 - 55 and 70 - 300 on the nikon. the images blur when croping in close for sports pics and i'm concerned this will happen when i take wedding pictures. i was considering a different nikon body so i could use the lenses i have.

i agree with that however i don't aim to be a wedding snapper too often. i mush prefer sport.:lol:

i'm using 18 - 55 and 70 - 300 on the nikon. the images blur when croping in close for sports pics and i'm concerned this will happen when i take wedding pictures. i was considering a different nikon body so i could use the lenses i have.

I think you just need to read up on Depth of Field control. If anything, those lens may mot be "fast" enough for low light conditions that is common in a wedding situation (low light, church).

thanks for the tip you may have just solved my problem with blury rugby players!:lol:
which lense would you advise for my hopefully short wedding career

Most reactions

Back