Advice on camera choice

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by laugh-a-lot, Mar 23, 2010.

1. laugh-a-lot

laugh-a-lot TPF Noob!

I would appreciate any advice from members suggesting a budget camera for my purpose.
    My main interest is with Macro photography as I am fascinated with small insects, flowers etc. Though of course I still wish to take 'normal' photographs.
    Any advice or tips from members would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. prabh

prabh TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I found the Canon EOS 1000D as a great starting off point...in terms of cost vs utility...The type of shots you wish to take may well depend on the lens you use..hope this helps..:) iam sure there are other models out there which iam not aware of..maybe some of the more experienced members will have more info for you...

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Macro photography requires a lens specifically designed for that kind of close up work.

The lens can still be used for regular photography.

A decent macro lens will cost from a couple of hundred $$$'s and up.

Canon makes some very nice macro lenses. Their 100 mm macro runs about $1050.00 USD:

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Macro - Macro Lens - EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM - Canon USA Consumer Products

While their 50 mm is about $300.00 USD:

Both will work on the Canon 1000D mentioned above.

EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Macro - Macro Lens - EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro - Canon USA Consumer Products

Both will work on the Canon 1000D mentioned above.