ADVICE ON CAMERA PURCHASE

ALCOEN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ATHOUGH I OWN A CASIO EXILIM EX-23 3.2 MEGA PIXELS 3 X OPTICAL ZOOM AND A SONY DSC-V3 7.2 MEGA PIXELS 4 X OPTICAL ZOOM, I DONT REALLY KNOW MUCH ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY, I TAKE A LOT OF OUTDOOR AND INDOOR PICTURE AND HAVE A LARGE COLLECTION, I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF NEW CAMERAS I.E. NIKON, CANON, LEICA, ON THE MARKET WOULD THE PURCHASE OF A NEW CAMERA IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF MY PICTURES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

first off. whats with the typing in all caps? secondly, yes, and no. Everyone says its not the camera, its the photographer. And i sorta agree with that. BUT, the thing is, you cant get super shallow DOF or really nice macro or telephoto images with a cheap point and shoot. so while it ultimately comes down to you being able to shoot well, your equipment is also essential for getting what you want out of it. Kinda like if you gave a painter a cotton ball and maybe some glue or somethin' and said, "paint me a masterpiece" if you dont have the equipment, its going to limit you a little. having said that, i believe that my photos have definately increased in quality since buying the alpha and that makes me happy i did it.

non cap reply, thanks for the info
apart from the Sony Alpha A100 what other camera would you go for ?
in other words in the high level what is the most unanimously wanted one

hmm... high level, such as pro? or high amature? i guess a lot of people mostly like either canon 20d, nikons are popular... the alpha was voted camera of the year in 2006 by popular photography magazine.

yay shorys back, errr yeah all cap typing isnt cool atall, but yeah the a100 is my favorite, i guess thats why i use it over my otheres.

back? i never left, just been posting in the general gallery lately!

Most reactions

Back