Advice On Device

photodood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hellos everybody,
im a beginner and searching for advice on what device i should get. maybe i could help some help from the good ppl of this forum.

im looking for something that could do a little bit of all worlds if possible. camera, camcorder (and webcam. but not so important)
i sell stuff on ebay (close up shots) and outside ebay would like to take acceptable dark shots (like say at the bar). (that possibly can take acceptable pictures without the flash).
i noticed cameras fill up the sd cards on video very quickly.. but is there a camera that can take pretty decent video with zoom? or a camcorder that can take pretty decent close up pictures...

i am an entertainer and would like to take some videos. and possibly this camera or camcorder im gonna end up with can also be used as webcam too. or is that asking for too much?

the camera i own is a polaroid a520 (very very poor) and currenty borrowing a friend's canon a470 which is a major improvement from the polaroid. a setback with the canon is that a 4min video is 100MB+. i like its macro shots. i would take 10 photos with the polaroid and it'd run out of batteries. the a470 is very good on batteries.

im looking very closely at the panasonic lumix tz7 (sz3). i think on the photo end it'll live up to what im looking for. im not sure how it'll handle dark photos.. and video...

im very good and comfortable with computers and on the computer end ppl are kind of brainwashed about dells being computers even tho u can get a better computer from a lenovo or not so known model like a sager. the reason i mention that is on the photo end im not really interested on a camera or company because its popular. im interested in the bang for buck.

cameras im closely looking at
Canon PowerShot SX200 IS
panasonic lumix tz7 (sz3)
whats does olympus, fujifilm, sony, nikon and other companies got to offer in the same class. or about to release.
how good are those hybrid no name cameras on ebay...

i own laptop with SD.MS/Pro.MMC.Xd slot.

help.
my budget is about $300-450.

any help/recommendations

Most reactions

Back