Advice on Online Photography courses..

Snice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone

I've been looking at undertaking an online/long distance photography course. (Looking at online/long distance because I work full time and photography is currently only a hobby of mine).

Can anyone reccommend a good course? I have checked with OTEN(TAFE) but they don't appear to have any relating to photography.

Lately I've been looking at the Photography Institute but don't know what sort of accreditation's i should be looking for in a course.
::: the professional photography course :::

One more thing - it kind of needs to be a course i can complete with just a Canon Powershot S5 IS. I can't afford to splurge on a new SLR at the moment due to going overseas next year..

Thanks for helping lol :mrgreen:

PS Australia

To be honest...
i could teach you how to use your camera...
"look into the LCD screen, Frame and click!!!!!"

"well done, you passed!"

Honeslty though, the reason for photography courses isnt to teach you how to be a photographer, it isn't a skill that comes easy, you have it, or dont...
Photography courses is more about HOW TO USE The tool provided.
Most P&S do a good job now-a-days and in honesty.. in about 5 years, i would be suprised if the pro's dont just use them for magazine shoots...

The only upside to DSLRS(in my limited knowledge) Is tha bility to control more functions than a p&S, but P&S are getting there!

Took Nyip loved it.

kelbytraining.com, 20 bucks/month for access to all their videos. And there are hundreds of them. They add new videos all the time, and they are all taught by well known professsionals in the industry, some of whom are considered the best in the world.

If you're looking for complete basics on shooting, I'm not sure they have that. But there are some really good vids on Photoshop intros, portraits with one light, etc. Worth the $ in my opinion.

great thanks for the tips i will look into those. and yes im trying to learn the technical side of photography, everyone tells me i have a knack for it (hope they aren't lying!)
the photography institute is $1000ish as well so i will check NYIP out

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back