Advice please: shooting at an Volksfest at night

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Volksfest is like a amusement park, thats like twice a year and i will go out there with my friends tomorrow night, where i will take some pics. Any advice/suggestions on shooting at places like these?

There go a pic for those who still dont seem to know what i mean:

http://www.crailsheim.de/uploads/pics/volksfest.jpg

Amusement parks at night can be great places to play with longer shutter speeds. To emphasize the amount of color and light against the dark sky I would use a large shutterspeed(1sec at least to bulb), while keeping the aperature relatively small(F14-22). I'd take this as a suggestion. Actual conditions may mean you use different settings.

As for ISO, I'd use 100 with bulb, but something like atleast 400 for other long shutter speeds.

Also, using a wide angle lens closeup definately gives some interesting effects.

That looks like It will be a fun shoot! Personally I would try to get some interesting perspectives, like climb on top of some trailers,on bleachers, under bleachers, on top of rides, under tents, where ever you can find. some of these places may seem difficult to get to, but remember its easier to receive forgiveness than permission.;)

Most reactions

Back