Advice PLEASE......

just re read this post and thought id been a bit harsh but then i read both your kids are at school.

i really cant add anymore and stick by what i said

My daughter is at school until 230. My son goes to creative play time 2 or 3 days a week for 3 hours.....we call it school, sorry for the misunderstanding. I commend you for being able to have everything done by 10am....and Im probablly one of the most organized people ever.....like I said I don't deliver and I have had an extremely busy week.....parties at schools, doctor's appointments etc.....If I was planning to be in the are it wouldn't have been an issue, but I wasn't and I have had my son everyday this week. It's hard for me to believe that your home and life is so organized that it can all be done by 10am.....I find that funny.....then again your house may not be in as good a shape as mine and you may be fine with that.

1. I took pics a few months ago for a client and her ex-father-in-law saw them on my web page. He wants to order some of his grandson. The client does not want me to sell to him. What would others do in this situation?

May I ask how he saw the photos in the first place?

May I ask how he saw the photos in the first place?

He actually works with my husband.....it's a huge company. My husband gave my card to a go worker and she recognized the little boy and forwarded the address the the granddad.....he said he would like to purchase some. I asked the mother and she pitched a fit.....going in to too much information. I feel bad for him, but he hasn't said anything else about it.

I would never ever order anything without having their money in my hand!

And I ALWAYS deliver if they are in my area. (not in another state)

It is such a nice touch and it really makes people feel comfortable and like you care about them. I put a lot of time, money, and effort into my packaging and delivery. I make it like a present that they are getting. I have these cookies that look like fortune cookies made and inside say "Thank You!", I always bring the kid and balloon or some candy or whatever when I deliver.

My market is the rich so they really appreciate these things. They basically fuel my business so there is no such thing as "inconveniencing me" its all about them.

I truly beleive this is what gets me a lot of repeat business!

BUT, I don't have kids and I have the time to do it.

You have to do what works for you and make that your policy and stick to it. Ya know?

I would love to have the money to add extra touches like that, but we are single income and any money I make is needed. I have just started out, though....maybe it'll get better. My market, so far seems to love my work, but are lacking in the money to order exactly what they want. I don't advertise at all......any advice in that area would be great.

The issue has been resolved and she has her cards. She actually apologized to me. This thing all started with her basically demanding that I bring them to her on Monday and when I expressed that I wouldn't be in the area due to prior engagements she flipped.

I would never ever order anything without having their money in my hand!

And I ALWAYS deliver if they are in my area. (not in another state)

It is such a nice touch and it really makes people feel comfortable and like you care about them. I put a lot of time, money, and effort into my packaging and delivery. I make it like a present that they are getting. I have these cookies that look like fortune cookies made and inside say "Thank You!", I always bring the kid and balloon or some candy or whatever when I deliver.

My market is the rich so they really appreciate these things. They basically fuel my business so there is no such thing as "inconveniencing me" its all about them.

I truly believe this is what gets me a lot of repeat business!

Nice touch!

Lots of people have busy schedules, in fact I work a full time job outside of my business plus take classes at night. I also have a wife and 4 year old and I will tell you I will find time to get it done for the customer. It may not be exactly when they want it but I make sure to communicate with them. The customer could care less about my busy schedule, they don't care. A person like her I want off my plate quickly and will do what it takes to get it done.

I may not agree with you but I respect your decision and again I'm glad you found a resolution that works.

Nice touch!

Lots of people have busy schedules, in fact I work a full time job outside of my business plus take classes at night. I also have a wife and 4 year old and I will tell you I will find time to get it done for the customer. It may not be exactly when they want it but I make sure to communicate with them. The customer could care less about my busy schedule, they don't care. A person like her I want off my plate quickly and will do what it takes to get it done.

I may not agree with you but I respect your decision and again I'm glad you found a resolution that works.

Thanks!!! Im glad to be done with it. She didn't want to compromise in the beginning at all. She wanted them Monday afternoon and I just couldn't do it....she basically said keep them.....I wasn't about to cancel appointments for her. My husband works till 6 or 7, so I had no other option.

My daughter is at school until 230. My son goes to creative play time 2 or 3 days a week for 3 hours.....we call it school, sorry for the misunderstanding. I commend you for being able to have everything done by 10am....and Im probablly one of the most organized people ever.....like I said I don't deliver and I have had an extremely busy week.....parties at schools, doctor's appointments etc.....If I was planning to be in the are it wouldn't have been an issue, but I wasn't and I have had my son everyday this week. It's hard for me to believe that your home and life is so organized that it can all be done by 10am.....I find that funny.....then again your house may not be in as good a shape as mine and you may be fine with that.

my house is perfectly fine thanks

anyway we went off the point i think

if you dont want to deliver thats fine but i think we have both learnt something hee dont assume the customer knows waht you are thinking and i think allsmiles thread of her welcome pack is well worth a read. i certainly have picked up a few tips.

anyway i hope your family have a nice christmas and look forward to reading more threads.

my house is perfectly fine thanks

anyway we went off the point i think

if you dont want to deliver thats fine but i think we have both learnt something hee dont assume the customer knows waht you are thinking and i think allsmiles thread of her welcome pack is well worth a read. i certainly have picked up a few tips.

anyway i hope your family have a nice christmas and look forward to reading more threads.

Thanks....I hope you and your family have a nice Christmas as well.

I did read allsmiles thread and when and if I do have the business and funds to do something like that I may consider, but right now that is a little more than I can do.

Thanks again.

I agree with both of you here. I think what allsmiles has put together is awesome but out of my budget for the time being. For the time being i plan to put a packet together that includes pricing, what to expect from a session, delivery options, how to select a location and the like, etc :)
I think it's good for clients to know what they should expect from you and you can do it affordably!

can i point you to vistaprint.com?

i use the uk site and i have checked out the usa one for you.

business cards are free yes free.

i order 250 at a time and you only pay for posting.

other stuff is free to at times fridge magnets ect ect ect

check it out

can i point you to vistaprint.com?

i use the uk site and i have checked out the usa one for you.

business cards are free yes free.

i order 250 at a time and you only pay for posting.

other stuff is free to at times fridge magnets ect ect ect

check it out

I use them for my business cards.....I just don't have a convenient way to circulate them.....I will be displaying them in a few local stores after the first of the year, though.

post then through letter boxes and on the the back write something like

free 8 x 6 photo with every session booked.

that sometimes gets the bookings.

people always like something for nothing.

Most reactions

Back