Advice Please

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by rob1991, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rob1991

rob1991 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey guys,

So im buying my first slr camera and dont really know alot about it so im relying on you guys to help me make a good choice :) no pressure or anything :p lol

i have done a bit of study on what i think my choices are between im buying in australia off ebay and spending about $500 australian so if you know of any better deals you could let me know :p

so heres the debate :

Canon 300d rebel with 18-55mm kit

Canon 1000d with 18-55mm kit (this one is from hong kong so is a bit of worry)

Canon 350d with 28-90mm and 75-300mm lens'

Canon 350d with 18-55mm

Canon 400d with 18-55mm

Hope you guys can help me cause it has become a harder decision than i first thought lol

Cheers Rob...

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Any of those are fine as a first dSLR and don't have much in the way of significant differences. The condition of used equipment has a large bearing on it's market value.

Obviously the 350d with 2 lenses may have more value than the others.

3. rob1991

rob1991 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Are thoses lenses any good though? Ill be taking photos of landscapes, animals and surf probably some distance shots of surf which i guess the bigger lens would be good for? Or would the 18-55mm lens do all this just as well because the 300d rebel is acttualy new so i would buy that if that lens is better than the other 2?