Advice pls - Contrast/colour problem

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Ecniv, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Ecniv

Ecniv TPF Noob!

Hi,

I have a Fuji film S304 digital camera (a year old now) and I was recently in London snapping away. I didn't take the proper exposures up and down of the normal for a panoramic shot, which is why I'm posting here.

Of the four shots used to make a huge panaoramic, three were nearly the same exposure, the fourth however, well lets say its a lot brighter.

I've tried manipulating the sky (the most obvious colour difference) but in the whole image it seems that the main detail changes and the sky doesn't.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on manipulating skys/exposure setting checks so next time I attempt a panoramic, it comes out nice(r) ;)

Thanks

Vince

2. Sash[DSL]

Sash[DSL] TPF Noob!

how exactly were you manipulating the images? It is kinda hard to tell without knowing that...

3. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think it's going to be really tough (read: nearly impossible) to stitch together a panorama that has different exposures. It's best to determine the exposure and set it on manual so they are all the same.

4. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

Depending on the photo I've had success using "auto-panoramic" photo software. It compensates for different exposures to a certain degree. But it's definately hit and miss.