Advice welcomed

ryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

Happy New Year.

I have joined this forum in the hope of a little advice.

I have recently saved from the rubbish bin a Olympus OM 4 Ti, lZuiko Auto-S lens and a Sunpak Auto 307SG flash. All the manuals are present and its all housed in a custom made wooden box.
All of it is in excellent cosmetic condition but the camera will not wind on.

In truth I have no interest in photography and actually plan to sell this equipment, so please accept my apologies if the following questions break forum rules.

I am aware that the 4Ti is desirable, but just how desirable?

I really have no interest in going through the hassle of getting it repaired just so that it can be sold for a little extra money. I would rather let it go for little money to an enthusiast.

So I guess my final question is could I expect to sell it in its current condition?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Ryan

ryan said:
Hello all,

Happy New Year.

I have joined this forum in the hope of a little advice.

I have recently saved from the rubbish bin a Olympus OM 4 Ti, lZuiko Auto-S lens and a Sunpak Auto 307SG flash. All the manuals are present and its all housed in a custom made wooden box.
All of it is in excellent cosmetic condition but the camera will not wind on.

In truth I have no interest in photography and actually plan to sell this equipment, so please accept my apologies if the following questions break forum rules.

I really have no interest in going through the hassle of getting it repaired just so that it can be sold for a little extra money. I would rather let it go for little money to an enthusiast.

So I guess my final question is could I expect to sell it in its current condition?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Ryan

sure.

i'd carry it by a local camera shop and see if they can quickly tell you what's going...batteries may be weak. once you determine its condition, check ebay to get an idea of what they go for.

IMO It's unlikely that it's broken, probably just a case of having an educated fiddle with it. Where are you in the world?

Rob

Thanks for replying chaps.

I put new batteries in the camera today and it now works !

I guess all I need to do now is sell it. As I said before Im not a photographer and therefore would not make use of it.

Im happy to sell it at a cut down price seeing as I got it for free, but I would rather sell to an enthusiast rather than some one who would just sell it on again to make a profit.

Where would you recommend selling it and for how much?

I live in England by the way. When I joined this forum I just assumed it was an English one. I still dont know where it is based to be honest.

Regards

Ryan

By the way

All the ones I see for sale are black, mine however is silver. Is this significant?

I can email picturess to any who want them.

ryan said:

Very. Can't be too specific but if as you say it is in excellent condition, then if it were fully working I'd say it would be worth several hundred. I've seen bodies alone sell for £500. Needless to say you're unlikely to get that much if it's faulty, but all I'd say is there are plenty of collectors out there who'd be willing to pay a lot to have one which is easily repaired (as I imagine yours would be). My advice would be to get someone to have a look at it, as JonMikal and Rob suggested, but if someone tells you it's worth £10, they're lying and you should kill them. :mrgreen:

ZaphodB said:
Very. Can't be too specific but if as you say it is in excellent condition, then if it were fully working I'd say it would be worth several hundred. I've seen bodies alone sell for £500. Needless to say you're unlikely to get that much if it's faulty,

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to work fine now since I put the new batteries in (it winds on and the shutter now operates).

Looks like someone forgot to try the most obvious thing - to my luck.

Ryan:
Have you sold the camera yet?
I may be interested ... well I am interested :D
Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back