Advice

LateModelSedan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, i am new to the forum and i wanted to ask some more experienced and knowledgeable members for some advice. i recently purchased my first dslr which is the rebel xti along with the 18-55mm kit lens and i am already contemplating purchasing a new lens to compliment the 18-55. i have been reading some lens reviews and i was considering the canon 50mm ef f/1.8 (largely due to the value). can anyone recommend this lens or another one within a reasonable price range for a beginner like myself? i was thinking a prime lens would be a good second lens but i haven't really decided yet. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I think the 50 1.8 is a good second lens...it was mine. Good for portrait work. And then I would save up for a good all around lens next for $500+ to replace the kit lens

I just bought the 50mm for my Canon, and I love it. :) Fast, very sharp lens. Very versatile. Good bang for the buck

Go with the 50mm F1.8....it does have a great value for the dollar.

I have several lenses, and the 50mm f/1.8 is my favorite out of them all. It's fun to leave my zooms behind and just use the 50. I am more creative with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back